“Opportunity is missed by most, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work”
For over three decades, Ken’s Beverage, Inc. has been providing exceptional customer service out of our 28 locations across the nation. As a family-owned business, we specialize in servicing hot and cold beverage dispensing equipment. From the moment we sell and install them, we remain readily available to keep them running smoothly. If you’re mechanically, technically or electrically inclined, please consider joining the Ken’s Beverage team! Currently, we are looking for hard-working, driven individuals to fill the position of Service Supervisor in our North Carolina service location.
The Field Service Supervisor is responsible for supporting the KBI Vision and Mission by providing effective leadership and training for personnel assigned to a department that is responsible for installing and servicing beverage dispensing equipment. The leadership encompasses responsibility for training, coaching, productivity, quality, safety, asset management, and handling performance assessment.
- Contribute to generating branch revenue and obtaining ongoing profit from the organization’s activities.
- Contribute to branch growth and development through providing superior service to existing customers.
- Responsible for answering after hours service request on rotating basis.
- Provide protection and upkeep of the branch facility, vehicles, and other assets associated with the physical plant.
- Ensure ongoing training and provide performance assessment of Service Technicians to maintain and improve employee competencies.
- Ensure compliance with KBI policies and procedures.
- Attain and sustain a high awareness level relative to safety, quality, and service.
- Provide leadership that is motivating and conductive to subordinate development and growth.
- Collaborate with Field Service Manager, Service Manager, and Dispatch Supervisor as needed to maximize efficiencies and resolve service related issues.
- Develop and sustain a technique to ensure that all field service related tasks are completed correctly and executed to departmental standard operating procedures.
- Assure that departmental employees are properly equipped with the tools and other resources that are necessary in performing their jobs.
- Perform duties inherent in all supervisory, professional, and administrative positions, including tasks and/or duties beyond those outlined here as assigned.
Working Conditions and Remedies:
- Care must be taken when loading/unloading equipment to avoid back or other injuries to self or others.
- Care must be taken when working with CO2 to prevent asphyxiation or skin burns.
- Care must be taken when dealing with electricity while installing electrical components of beverage equipment. 220-volt electricity is present in much of the equipment.
- Care must be taken so as not to cause undo spills of water and or soda syrup on customer floors or cabinets.
- Care must be taken when handling equipment, as much of the equipment is made of stainless steel, with sharp edges.
- When installing refrigeration components of beverage equipment, care must be taken in handling refrigerants in order to prevent undo escape of gases.
- Care is needed during installations to prevent the possible spread of pathogens that may be present in beverage equipment (particularly in drains) always wear company supplied disposable gloves.
- Care must be taken while driving company vehicle to avoid accidents, which may cause severe injury or death to technician or others. Obey all traffic regulations and drive defensively.
- Care must be used when using ladders when pulling tubing or installing equipment so as not to cause injury to self or others by falling.
- Care must be taken when using tools near equipment so as not to cause damage to equipment or injury to one self or others.
- Work in a safe manner and observe all safety rules and customer regulations. Report all work-related injuries immediately.
- Ability to use power hand tools such as drills and saws.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite.
- Excellent driving skills needed to drive safely and avoid all accidents.
- Mechanically inclined and high degree of technical aptitude.
- Incumbent will need to be good physical shape as some lifting and stooping is required.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Demonstrated self-motivated and self-directed ability.
- Climbing ladders to reach and service equipment.
- Working on rooftops.
- Wet slippery floors.
- Hazardous electrical situations.
- Electricity and water near equipment.
- CO2 leakage causing shortage of oxygen on location.
- Refrigerant gas leakage near open flames causing noxious fumes.
- Travel across state lines to customer locations daily.
- Travel 50% of the time.
The above-mentioned environments are not necessarily all-inclusive. These are some of the most important items to be aware of.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license with no driving restrictions.
This job description is intended to represent a portion of major responsibilities and does not represent all responsibilities of the position. The Field Service Manager will assign work as necessary, which may or may not be included in this job description, to meet the business objectives of Ken’s Beverage, Inc. and its customers.
We strive for excellence and understand that it starts with the people who make up Ken’s Beverage, Inc. As an equal opportunity employer, we offer a competitive benefit package and want to invest in you as much as you invest in us. Here are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time
- Life Insurance
For more information, visit kensbeverage.com
All candidates are required to undergo a pre-employment drug screen and background check.