Kenosha Community Health Center is seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to work in our various healthcare facilities in Kenosha.
Kenosha Community Health Center (KCHC) utilizes grant funding to pursue innovative models of care. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we are locally managed and federally funded. Because of our structure and sustainability, we can grow while remaining innovative. We are not a large organization, but a capable one. We move together as a cohesive team to obtain our highest priority- the best in patient care for anyone who needs it! Due to our success, we are now growing and seek only the best to join our team.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner is a provider of direct mental health care services. Within this role, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner synthesizes theoretical, scientific and clinical knowledge for the assessment and management of both health and illness states.
PRIMARY TASKS AND DUTIES:
Functions independently to assess all aspects of the patient’s health status, including health promotion, health protection and disease protection.
· Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status.
· Collects data from multiple sources using assessment techniques that are appropriate to the patient’s language, culture and developmental stage, including but not limited to screening evaluations, psychiatric rating scales, genograms and other standardized instruments.
· Performs a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation that includes evaluation of mental status, current and past history of violence, suicidal or self-harm behavior, substance abuse, level of functioning, health behaviors, trauma, sexual behaviors and social and developmental history
· Analyses the relationship between normal physiology and specific system alterations associated with mental health problems, psychiatric disorders and treatment
· Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient.
· Teaches patients and significant others about intended effects and potential adverse effects of treatment options
· Prescribes pharmacologic agents for patients with mental health problems and psychiatric disorders based on individual characteristics such as culture, ethnicity, gender, religious beliefs, age and physical health problems
· Discusses any possible side effects and alternative treatment options to medication or immunization with patient.
· Documents the patient's visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses, and plan of action.
· Work in a collaborative relationship with team members and physician to manage complex cases
· Degree from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program and experience as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
· Current Advanced Practice Nurse license in the State of Wisconsin
· Current certification in specialty area
· BLS certified
· 3-5 years of experience as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
· Experience working in a community health center preferred
What we offer:
As a full-time employee, you will receive and impressive portfolio of benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, 403(B), Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and Holidays. Loan re-payment eligibility through the National Health Service Corp (NHSC). Malpractice coverage through FTCA (Federal Tort Claims Act). Generous allowance of additional paid days along with an annual dollar amount to be used towards CMEs.
Kenosha Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.