Kenosha Community Health Center is seeking a Licensed Clinical Social Workers to work in our various healthcare facilities in Kenosha.
Position involves providing clinical services and behavioral health consultation to children, adolescents, and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning to patients in an integrated care setting. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) is to improve recognition, treatment, and management of behavioral problems and medical conditions for patients of the primary care practice. Potential candidates must be an independently licensed as an LCSW in the state of Wisconsin, with substantial mental health experience--including rapid screening/assessment skills, knowledge of brief behavioral health interventions, ability to manage behavioral health crises, and care coordination skills. Position functions as a core member of the primary and interdisciplinary care team in the delivery of medical and behavioral health services in an integrated care setting. Position is grant funded.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide counseling and case management to patients seeking assistance.
- Complete intake and assessments to diagnose behavioral health patients.
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans and assist patients with successful goal achievement.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Work with KCHC’s integrated team (Medical and Dental) to identify and treat patient with substance/alcohol abuse.
- Lead meetings that support KCHC's integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Monitor the site’s behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services and making recommendations for improvement.
- Thoroughly, accurately, and promptly documents all services rendered in the electronic medical record for every patient.
- Act as a liaison between referral sources and patients; and,
- Evaluates patient’s needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities is needed.
- Follow-up on referrals and patient progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology.
LCSW licensure in state of Wisconsin.
Three to five years of clinical experience required.
Knowledge and experience using DSM-V.
Experience working in a Federally Qualified Health center (FQHC) and/or understanding of Integrated Care Model preferred.
Equipped with excellent knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
Substance Abuse Counselor certification preferred.
Previous experience working with children, adolescents and families with diverse social and behavioral challenges.
WHAT WE OFFER
As a full time employee, you will receive an impressive portfolio of benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, 403(B), Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Kenosha Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.