Kenosha Community Health Center is seeking multiple Family Nurse Practitioners to work in our various medical facilities in Kenosha.
Manage health problems and coordinate health care for the patient in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status).
PRIMARY TASKS AND DUTIES:
Functions independently to provide preventative, acute and chronic care to patients within scope of certification (family, adult etc.)
- Reviews patient file/record, including allergies, problems, medications, and immunization status
- Elicits and records information about patient's medical history
- Examines patients for symptoms or physical information
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient's condition
- Analyzes reports and findings of tests and examination, and diagnoses condition of patient
- Administers or prescribes treatments
- Determines and prescribes medication, dosage, and schedule given the patient's condition and allergies
- Discusses any possible side effects and alternative treatment options to medication or immunization with patient
- Prescribes vaccinations to immunize patient from communicable diseases.
- Promotes health by advising patients about diet, exercise, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease, including STDs
- Documents the patient's visit including medical history, physical exam, diagnoses, and plan of action
- Work in a collaborative relationship with team members and physician to manage complex cases
- Degree from an accredited nurse practitioner program
- Current Advanced Practice Nurse license in the State of Wisconsin
- Current certification in specialty area
- BLS certified
- 3-5 years of experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- Experience working in a community health center preferred
What we offer:
As a full-time employee, you will receive and impressive portfolio of benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, 403(B), Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and Holidays. Loan re-payment eligibility through the National Health Service Corp (NHSC). Malpractice coverage through FTCA (Federal Tort Claims Act). Generous CME/CEU program including paid time off and reimbursement.
Kenosha Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.