Chief Dental Officer
Kenosha Community Health Center Kenosha, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Kenosha Community Health Center is a large FQHC providing dental, medical, and behavioral health care to the counties in the southeastern part of Wisconsin. We are now recruiting for a Chief Dental Officer. This is an opportunity for a dynamic clinical leader to work with a dedicated administrative and care team to rebuild and expand the dental program in the context of a new integrated care model. This position works in a dyad relationship with the Executive Director, Dental Services, to effectively lead all aspects of the dental program. The Chief Dental Officer embodies the following characteristics:
- Is strategic and visionary but also possesses strong clinical skills, analytical ability, and strong operational focus.
- An articulate leader capable of translating the organizational strategy and performance targets into successfully executed operational plans with the dental care team as well as to assure clinical needs are addressed in the organizational plan.
- A dental clinician comfortable providing dental care within a wide scope of treatments.
- Demonstrates outcome-based leadership with a focus to group practice standards that can deliver excellent clinical, financial, and patient service results.
- A “team player” who enjoys working with providers, staff, and administrative leaders to get the job done.
- An effective communicator able to work at all levels of the organization and within the community.
- A highly visible leader who is accessible to clinical staff and is an excellent educator to provide chair-side support for skill development.
- Is a chair-side role model who can serve as a mentor to providers and staff.
In conjunction with the Executive Director, the Chief Dental Officer will:
- Be responsible for compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintain a quality and operations plan for the Dental Services, successful execution of the plan, and achievement of annual performance targets.
- Have oversight of the community outreach activities and school programs.
- Maintain the clinical practice.
- Graduation from an accredited dental school
- Completion of an accredited general practice residency program is preferred
- Minimum of three years clinical experience preferred
Licensure and Credentials
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Wisconsin
- Current CPR (BLS) certifications, ACLS preferred
- Wisconsin DEA registration
- Medicaid provider number
- Requires a comprehensive knowledge of primary dental care in outpatient settings.
- Knowledge of the principles and practice of modern dentistry as related to public health organizations and community health programs as well as current social and economic problems pertaining to public health and their impact on primary health care.
- The Chief Dental Officer must be cognizant of the prevalent stressors and their impact on both the professional provider and the patient populations in the community health center primary care settings.
- The individual in this position must also be aware of pressures, economic and otherwise, from private, public and legislative arenas as they mold the climate in which public health agencies operate.
- The Chief Dental Officer must be able to creatively work with other health care professionals from a variety of disciplines to achieve maximal productivity and programmatic effectiveness while continuously promoting the growth and development of fellow professionals, exercising appropriate supervisory control and displaying good work judgment.
What we offer:
As a full-time employee, you will receive and impressive portfolio of benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, 403(B), Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and Holidays. Loan re-payment eligibility through the National Health Service Corp (NHSC). Malpractice coverage through FTCA (Federal Tort Claims Act). Allowance for additional paid days along with an annual dollar amount to be used towards CEU, Reimbursement for state license and DEA certification annually.
Kenosha Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Kenosha Community Health CenterWhy Work Here?
Collaborative, community-focused team, making a difference in Kenosha!
Kenosha Community Health Center is working to keep our community healthy. Our multi-disciplinary team of providers collaborate on patients' care to ensure that each patient has access to high quality, compassionate care.
6226 14th Ave.Kenosha, WI