Kenosha Community Health Center is seeking multiple Certified Medical Assistants to work in our various medical facilities in Kenosha and our newest facility in Silver Lake.
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) will perform delegated clinical, clerical, and administrative duties within the supervising physician's scope of practice consistent with the CMA's education, training, and experience. Such duties shall not constitute the practice of medicine. The physician supervision shall be active and continuous, but shall not necessarily require the physical presence of the supervising physician at the time and place that the services are rendered.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Prepare examination room and all needed equipment for each patient restocking as needed
- Assist physician with patient examinations, treatments and minor surgery
- Open sterile packs maintaining sterile asepsis
- Clean, disinfect instruments and supplies
- Maintain safety practices in all areas and procedures
- Put on sterile gloves using proper technique/proper hand washing technique
- Dispose of contaminated materials
- Take and record vital signs, allergies, and subjective findings (i.e. blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiration, height, weight and head circumference)
- Prepare sterile field for minor office procedures
- Maintain timely flow of patients
- Greets patients and prepare drape for examination and/or treatment
- Take and record an infant’s height, weight, and head circumference
- Preparing packaging for sterilization and use of autoclave
- Give injections, immunizations, allergy, etc.
- Perform TB tests and EKG test
- Perform ear wash
- Perform dressing changes
- Perform suture removal
- Assist in collection of specimens
- Prepare the specimens for shipping
- Perform simple routine laboratory procedures, such as urinalysis and simple blood tests and cultures
- Perform visual acuity tests
- Assist with audiometric testing
- Document accurately according to PCMH and MU standards
- Participate in quality management
- Check sample drugs for outdates
- Participates in CLIA and OSHA compliance and monitoring
- Maintains clinical facility integrity and cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned
The CMA must be available to work Monday through Thursday 6:30am – 7:00pm; Friday 6:30am – 5:00pm and Rotating Saturdays 6:30am – 3:00pm.
Medical Assistant Certification (must produce Official School Diploma and Official School Transcripts)
2 years’ experience as Registered or Certified Medical Assistant in a medical clinic preferred
Ability to communicate in Spanish (oral and written) preferred.
What we offer:
As a full time employee, you will receive and impressive portfolio of benefits designed to help you maintain a comfortable lifestyle for you and your family, including Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, 403(B), Life Insurance, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Kenosha Community Health Center is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.