- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Production Supervisor Mid Shift (3:00pm - 11:00pm) - Kenny's Candy & Confections
Our Coolest Benefit - Profit Sharing!
In our most recent fiscal year, KLN Family Brands paid out over $4.3 million in profit-sharing to our employees!!!
KLN Family Brands is a 3rd generation family-owned business that started in 1964 with its corporate headquarters located in Perham, MN, in the heart of MN lakes country. Together, our companies manufacture a diverse and expanding range of high-quality human and pet food products.
At KLN Family Brands, our vision is that “We are a proud people-first company. We are successful because of trust-based relationships, and first-rate products for our families and friends. We better the world by caring for others. We challenge. We grow. We inspire.”
Some companies have to “fudge the story” a little. Some need the extra “spin” to shine a positive light on themselves. That’s not who we are at KLN Family Brands, and that’s not what we do. We tell the story of our brand – our people, the quality of our products, our spirit & moxie, our tradition, and the way we treat our community & beyond. We do it in a genuine way because we genuinely believe we’re a pretty amazing company.
We’re now hiring a Production Supervisor for our team at Kenny’s Candy & Confections. A successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with our quality standards, overseeing production, communicating and enforcing policies and procedures. If you’ve been looking for a position where you can exhibit your elite organizational and team leadership skills, then keep reading. You may have just stumbled upon the perfect role!
As the Production Supervisor, you will work closely with the Director of Production, Director of Production Support and all other leadership teams. The supervisor is also responsible to train employees on work instructions. Interested candidates need to have excellent organization skills, good people skills and knowledge of manufacturing.
The responsibilities of the position are listed below.
- Lead pre-shift meetings and communicate with production workers regarding schedule and shift goals
- Provides visible leadership and guidance to all production staff in order to foster continuous improvements and best practices. Maintains continuous engagement with all production employees
- Empowerment – Supervisor is expected and authorized as an individual to think, behave, and take action, and control work and decision-making about their job in autonomous, independent, self-directed ways
- Provides/Establishes controls to assure optimum deployment of resources within approved budget. Continually improve manpower usage, effectiveness and efficiencies through improved scheduling techniques.
- Works with production leadership team; directly responsible for personnel actions including but not limited to: employee evaluations, disciplinary actions, documentation, hiring and terminations.
- Works with production leaders to establish and deploy standard works.
- Works with the production leaders to establish goals centered on achieving results through principals of accountability. Ensures staff follows production schedule running at expected rates. Reviews waste and downtimes and takes action to improve results.
- Makes sure all employees arrive on time at the start of their shift and comply with all aspects of the relevant attendance policy; reports any absences to the production leadership. Reviews/Completes daily attendance tracking and ensures proper cost centers are being entered accurately.
- Update communication/performance boards, communicate/participate in Safety inspections, GEMBA walks (observe, engage & improve), BRC reviews and other reviews/audits as assigned.
- Ensure all shift reports are turned in before leaving, as well as assist in transfer of information
- All other duties as assigned.
- Multiple years of experience managing people and production
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent motivational skills
- Excellent problem solving and judgement skills
- Basic computer skills (email, internet, Word, Excel, etc.)
Kenny's Candy & Confections
Get fresh Machine Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.