Calling all relationship-builders and problem-solvers! Kenneth Clark Co has the career for you. We are expanding the brokerage aspect of our business to fill our carrier representative roles!
People in this role obviously need to have strong communication skills and the ability to multitask, but there is more to it than that. We are looking for high energy, enthusiastic workers that are confident in their decision making. In the end, these positions are all about challenging yourself, as you will be responsible for:
- Identifying potential business opportunities
- Building new and current relationships
- Assessing needs
- Finding the right logistics solutions
Better yet, your earnings potential is driven by your performance- and it is limitless. It is quite simple really. The harder you work, the more you make. Right out of college and making 50K+! That's not a bad place to be.
If you are looking to work hard, gain confidence and acquire new skills all while working for an award winning company, Kenneth Clark Co has got you covered. Join our team today!
Carrier Representatives are responsible for finding the trucking companies that physically move our clients' freight using our proprietary technology. They build and develop carrier relationships and negotiate competitive carrier rates while maintaining Company revenue and margin goals. Carrier representatives also ensure that freight is picked up, transported and delivered on time to meet and/or exceed our client's expectations.
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-listed position:
- Source and procure carrier services through negotiation on a spot or transactional basis while meeting individual, team, and Company revenue margin goals
- Prospect and cultivate new carrier leads to establish capacity
- Ensure timely pickup and delivery of customer freight
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective carriers
- Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions:
- Strong desire to learn and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Driven and competitive nature with strong problem solving abilities
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Proficiency in using a Windows-based computer
- Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Sales, negotiation or communication experience preferred
Kenneth Clark Co provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.
Kenneth Clark Co