Typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Reviews job specifications and plans fieldwork methods.
- Directs and conducts field surveys.
- Makes accurate measurements and assists in the determination of property boundaries.
- Provides data relevant to the shape, contour, location, elevation or dimension of land and/or associated features.
- Accurately calculates and records field data.
- Responsible for work outcomes and results.
To be successful in this role, candidate will possess:
- 5-6+ years of surveying experience preferred with construction layout of transportation projects – roads, bridges, walls, railways, utilities, storm drain, grading, etc.
- Prior experience using survey tools and GPS equipment required.
- Coursework in surveying or engineering helpful but not required.
- Experience with boundary, topographic, as-built surveys and construction staking required.
- Experience with use of Trimble robotic total station or similar late instrumentation for horizontal and vertical layout and as building
- Experience with vertical controls using latest instrumentation
- Ability to run traverse and level loop
- Ability to use data collector and associated computer programming to produce layout information and perform in field
- Management of survey crew personnel
- Physically capable to perform work of field surveyor, required to carry equipment and materials over terrain for distances due to inaccessibility of vehicle; able to drive hubs and stakes, etc.
- Driver License Required
- Excellent communication skills a must.
Our people are the greatest contributor to our success and we attribute our growth to the quality and dedication of our employees. Simply put, we built our business one outstanding employee at a time and we work tirelessly to do the same for our clients. Over 40 years’ industry experience has enabled us to refine our recruiting and staffing processes to place the best candidates in our clients’ most difficult positions. Over the years we have staffed (temp, temp-to-perm, and direct hire) employees of varied skill sets and professions, regularly demonstrating the flexibility necessary to meet the unique needs of each client. Today we serve employers in both the public and private sectors by sourcing and placing talent that facilitates their growth.
As a woman-owned minority business headquartered within Baltimore’s Empowerment Zone, Kennedy Services is certified as a Minority Business Enterprise with the States of Maryland and Virginia, and the City of Baltimore. This status provides increased government contracting opportunities for our client partners, making us an ideal teaming partner for any company bidding government jobs requiring minority participation.
Regardless of whether you are seeking employment opportunities or talent acquisition resources, Kennedy’s expertise and experience provide the strategic advantage to get you to your next level.