Transportation Driver (Non-Medical)
- $20 Hourly
At KDC we are on a mission to empower and support all people to meet their full potential in a world where every individual and family thrive, no matter the circumstances.
About this role:
Under the direction of the Visitation Center Supervisor, the Transportation Driver will transport assigned children to and from the Visitation Centers (New Bedford and Plymouth).
Schedule: Part-Time, Tuesday - Friday from 12:30 pm - 6:30 pm
In this role, you'll get to:
- Perform vehicle pre-trip inspections and appropriately document the inspection.
- Provide round trip transportation for children from their pickup location and the Visitation Centers.
- Adhere to specified route and time frame.
- Comply with all traffic rules and regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner.
- Maintain safety and order in vehicle while in transit.
- Ensure that when in transit, any medical and safety equipment is positioned and secured to the floor, vehicle seat or wall of vehicles below the window line.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Assure that vehicle interiors are kept clean and safe for passengers.
- Immediately report any vehicle malfunctions or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Maintain agency standards of confidentiality.
- Maintain a respectful manner and tone of voice with others.
- Promote teamwork and open communication among staff members and passengers.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
We are looking for people who have:
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Minimum 3 years driving experience, including driving multi-passenger vehicles.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Ability to document reports and correspondence.
- Valid MA or contiguous state Driver’ License appropriate to the type of vehicle assigned.
- Acceptable driving status, as determined by KDC’s insurance company.
KDC values a diverse workforce. We are committed to a culture of equality and inclusivity that fosters dialog, innovation, compassion, respect, and collaboration. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, age, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability status, neurodiversity, or any other protected characteristic outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Your uniqueness drives our excellence!
Powered by JazzHR
Kennedy-Donovan CenterNew Bedford, MA
Transportation and Storage
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.