Customer Service Rep - K1
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Customer Service Representative assists patients and customers in making decisions regarding the rental or purchase of home medical equipment and supplies.
• Assists customers, walk-in as well as by telephone, select appropriate equipment/supplies to meet their needs, and ensures proper fit. Instructs patients/customers in the safe and proper use and maintenance of selected items.
• Provides product information, and assembles customer files and records.
• Obtains by telephone/fax complete and accurate referral information for all home medical equipment.
• Refers clinical questions/problems to the appropriate professional staff member.
• Reviews, prepares, and maintains all documentation included in the customer file.
• Provides complete and accurate information, and reviews all paperwork before submitting to the billing department. Maintains an ongoing communication with billing personnel as needed.
• Contacts physician, when necessary, to clarify orders received with respect to prescribed home medical and respiratory therapy equipment services and supplies.
• Orders, stocks, and assembles (as needed) products and supplies for store inventory.
• Maintains inventory control in CPR+ system.
• Maintains patient confidentiality and rights.
• Clearly understands the purpose of the Improvement Organization Performance program.
• Maintains professional appearance and attitude at all times.
• Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• One year of experience in customer relations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Capable of sound and mature judgment.
• Experienced and competent using a computer.
• Knowledge of special payer guidelines, i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, Managed Care, etc.
• Knowledge of the medical field, with experience in home health care desirable.
• Experience in processing health insurance claims is strongly preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None assigned
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Standard retail setting with minimal noise level. May include lifting moderately heavy boxes.
Kennebec Pharmacy & Home Care
Get fresh Patient Representative jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.