Title: Administrative Assistant- Tribal Administration Employment Status: Full Time
Divison: Executive Office Reports to: Executive Assistant - Tribal Administration
FLSA Status:Non-ExemptSchedule: 40Hours/52 Weeks
Supervises: N/APreference:TERO Ordinance 2017-01, P.L. 93-638
The Executive Office Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Executive Assistant to Tribal Administration and assisting in providing support to the Executive Director of Tribal Administration and the Executive Office as a whole. The Administrative Assistant shall route phone calls and mail to appropriate Department Director, make travel arrangements, drafting meeting minutes, filing, calendaring, ordering of supplies, and distribution of time sensitive and confidential information on an as needed basis.
- Field phone calls and route as appropriate, and open, date stamp, review, and prioritize all of the Executive Office mail and requests for signatur
- Assist in making travel arrangements, complete Travel Authorization forms and complete trip reports for the Executive Office as directed by the Executive Assistant to Tribal Administration
- Shall assist in drafting accurate minutes for Tribal Council meetings and Council Committees and Commissions as directed
- Shall maintain and update an Excel spreadsheet of Motions and Directives for the Executive Director of Tribal Administration
- Shall take Council kitchen inventory and order supplies on a weekly or as needed basis
- File all documents, hard copy and electronic, appropriately and in chronological order
- Take inventory of office supplies and order as needed, and inventory of gift closet items and maintain spreadsheet
- Enter monthly receipts for Tribal Administration Purchase Card into ReqLogic
- Assist with arranging site visits, including travel arrangements and hotel accommodations, catering, and meeting set up with the Executive Assistant to Tribal Administration
- Assist with document management for Executive Director of Tribal Administration's signature, then route as needed
It is the intent of this job description to highlight the essential functions of the position; however, it is not an all-inclusive list. The incumbent may be called upon and required to follow or perform other duties and tasks requested by his/her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or the Kenaitze Indian Tribe's objectives.
(Check appropriate category required to perform essential function of the job.)
Sedentary work Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary criteria are met.
XX Light work Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
Medium work Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Heavy work Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and /or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Very heavy work Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
(Check appropriate category(ies) required to perform essential functions of the job)
Stand or Sit (Stationary position)
Walk (Move, Traverse)
Use hands/fingers to handle or feel (Operate, Activate, Use, Prepare, Inspect, Place, Detect, Position)
Climb (stairs/ladders) or balance (Ascend/Descend, Work atop, Traverse)
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl (Position self (to), Move)
Talk/hear (Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information)
See (Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess)
Pushing or Pulling
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions
Check appropriate category(ies) required to perform essential functions of the job
(Complete this OSHA section for Clinical/Patient Care Related Jobs)
Category III Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid
Equipment and Tools
(Complete with information required to perform essential functions of the job)
List Equipment used for job:
Drives KIT or Personal Vehicle:
Associates Degree or a combination of education and experience may be substituted fordegree.
Two (2) years of administrative assistant or high level office support, or legal experience.
Must have a valid Alaska Driver's License or obtain within 90 days of employment and remain insurable under the Tribe's policy.
Must be a Notary Public for the State of Alaska or must obtain within 30 days of hire.
Must have Microsoft certification or obtain within four (4) months of hire.
Must exercise extreme discretion and follow confidentiality policies and regulations
Must be self-motivated with a positive approach
Ability to adapt well to a changing environment
Must have excellent skills in writing, editing, proofreading, and formatted documents
Must have excellent customer service and active listening skills when addressing customer concerns and other conflict.
Knowledge and experience working with cultural diversities.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro