We are looking for a strong service oriented Collision Technician who would be responsible for repairing and/or replacing damaging motor vehicle structures, body parts, and interior/exterior finishes. May work primarily on structural repairs or refinishing, or do both types of work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Prepare or review motor vehicle repair estimate reports.
- Straighten bent frames and unitized bodies with a frame machine.
- Remove badly damaged sections of vehicles (e.g. aprons, roof and rear body panels) and weld in new sections.
- Work out minor damage in body panels, fenders, skirting and sheet metal trim, and weld torn metal.
- Prepare car for paint by covering the bumpers, windows and trim with masking tape and paper, apply primer with a spray gun, clean the surface and apply paint.
- Repair and/or replace interior components such as instrument panels, seat frame assemblies, carpets, and floorboard insulation, trim panels and moldings.
- Inspect vehicles for dimensional accuracy and test drive them to ensure proper alignment and handling.
- Restore the structural integrity of damaged vehicles by cutting away damaged components and welding in new or recycled replacements.
- Accurately align suspension and steering components.
- Ensure that passenger protection systems function properly.
- Remove and install bolt-on components such as hoods, deck lids, fenders, trim, doors, glass and interior components, and verify dimensional accuracy.
- Apply or restore anti-corrosion treatments.
- Identify and remove layers of sub-coatings by using abrasives or chemicals.
- Match the complex color formulations created by automobile manufacturers.
- Apply refinish products in the correct sequence, ensuring chemical compatibility, adhesion and durability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must be 18 years or older and be authorized to work in the U.S., have a valid driver license and professional appearance.
All employees must adhere to the below Company Values:
Respect: We treat everyone with genuine care and concern
Intelligence: Intelligence means we’re able to learn, grow and adapt.
Greatness: We are consistently exceptional in our work and continually improve.
Honesty: We keep our commitments, tell the complete truth and act with integrity
Teamwork: We understand the responsibilities of teamwork and are determined to pull our own weight.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE::
- Must be 18 years or older and be authorized to work in the U.S
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years previous relevant experience required.
- Ability to read and comprehend job-related instructions and information whether electronic or paper-based.
- Excellent manual dexterity skills as well as patience, creativity, good judgment and an eye for detail.
- Valid in-state driver's license.