This is a remote position located in the Baltimore area.
As part of the Kemper home claims team, you are part of the team that delivers on a promise to provide exceptional service to our customers who have experienced a recent insurance loss. Our Claims Adjusters use their attention to detail to accurately interpret insurance coverage and to assess the structural and personal property damages. Your prior experience in the field, as well as building code and construction knowledge, will allow you accurately investigate, measure, and resolve claims. You must be comfortable climbing roofs and crawling into tight spaces such as attics and crawl spaces.
This position entails some overnight travel and you must have the availability to travel on CAT duty regionally and across Kemper's US market as business dictates. As a remote Sr. Property Field Claims Adjuster you may handle more complex losses independently and with minimal direction, you will have the opportunity to work from home.
Kemper will provide you a company car, laptop, cell phone, digital camera, and other equipment to set up a home office. This opening is for a Sr. Property Filed Adjuster servicing the Baltimore area.
- 8+ years progressive 1st party personal line property loss experience as a Claim Representative.
- Education equivalent to a college degree or the equivalent in related work experience; however a college degree is preferred.
- Advanced estimating software experience required, Xactimate experience is a plus.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
- Ability to travel overnight as needed.
- Candidate will be working in the Baltimore area