Life Claims Adjuster - SIGN ON BONUS
St. Louis MO
Kemper proudly serves growing niche and underserved markets by providing appropriate and affordable insurance and financial solutions. This is enabled by a team of dynamic, innovative employees who act like owners and are continually driven by intellectual curiosity, analytical superiority, and being world-class operators.
Kemper Life has a talented operations team that believes in this strategic intent. This role is a great opportunity for the right person who wants to be part team in a dynamic growing company. We are looking for the person who can help us make a difference by best serving the needs of our customers. Come join us in Growing for LIFE.
***This position has a $1000 Sign On Bonus***
Kemper is seeking an entry-level Life Claims Adjuster to support our organization's Life Claims team. As a Life Claims Adjuster, you will support our customers by processing death claims with adherence to company policies and contract provisions, in full accordance with the law. This position will allow you to help families in a time of significant need.
LOCATION: This position is located in the Westport area of St. Louis, MO.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate claims based on documentation received
- Provide timely follow-ups regarding those claims via letter, email, and telephone
- Ensure appropriate resolution of claim
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor's degree in finance, business, accounting, economics, or equivalent work experience is a plus.
- An internship of other prior work experience in a corporate office is preferred.
- Intermediate Word and Excel skills are required.
- The ability to become proficient in navigation of the homegrown applications we utilize for claim handling.
- Prior life claims experience is a plus.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS:
- A customer-focused mindset
- Highly motivated and natural self-starter, independent thinker, great planner, and team player
- Structured in thinking process and strong problem-solving skills, the ability to break down complex problems and find solutions
- Ability to cope with uncertainty, learn fast, motivated by new and complex challenges
- Manage information in a visually appealing and easy to understand method
- Drive results across a team of dynamic communicators and professionals
- Ability to quickly absorb complex issues, ensure alignment across cross-functional teams
- Possesses a continuous improvement mindset
- Decision Quality - making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Drives Results - consistently achieves results under difficult circumstances
- Action Oriented - takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Collaborates - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Communicates Effectively - develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Values Differences - recognizes the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization
- Nimble Learning - actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodders
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
KemperSaint Louis, MO
Get fresh Life Claims Adjuster - SIGN ON BONUS jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.