- Posted: over a month ago
*****SAFETY SENSITIVE POSITION*****
Kemp Quarries Inc., a privately-owned group of companies, is a leading producer and supplier of construction aggregates, consisting primarily of crushed stone, sand and gravel spanning NE Oklahoma, SW Missouri and NW Arkansas.
Job Description Summary
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA / DOT and company.
- Ability to perform preventative maintenance and pre-shift inspections, repair and/or clean mobile equipment as needed.
- Maintain crushing and mobile equipment fleet.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles.
- May be responsible for welding, brazing, and cutting associated with duties.
- Communicate with shop regarding all repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Technical school certification helpful.
- Welding certificate helpful.
- Must maintain a safe driving record and have a valid driver’s license. CDL beneficial.
- Flexibility to work various schedules, primarily day shift, may travel to various work locations.
- Must be reliable and hard-working.
- Ability to operate varied types of heavy equipment.
- May be required to complete DOT physical or MSHA certification.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair engines, transmissions, torque converters, differentials and final drives, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, fuel systems, AC systems, and brake systems.
- Ability to remove and install engines, differentials, transmissions, and torque converters.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to use Cat ET program to troubleshoot and calibrate mobile equipment.
- Ability to look up and read electrical schematic diagrams.
- Follows through on commitments. Regular, reliable attendance at the worksite or assigned work location.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in completing work. Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Strives to complete work in timely manner.
- Treats others with respect and consideration.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Three (3) years previous mechanical experience with heavy equipment and/or rock crushing equipment.
- Majority of experience in public works maintenance, crushing and/or construction industry, heavy equipment dealers or maintenance facilities.
- Requires knowledge of diesel or gas engines, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic systems and components.
- Remove and install parts, disassemble and assemble components, and test and adjust assemblies with minimal supervision.
- General knowledge of basic hand tools, air tools, precision measuring tools and instruments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Benefits to You
- A culture that values and provides loyalty and commitment
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and short term disability programs
- 401(K) with company match
- Vacation and holidays
AddressSulphur Springs, AR
AutomotiveView all jobs at Kemp Quarries
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?