Kem Krest Elkhart, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
POSITION TITLE: Maintenance and Facilities Assistant
The Maintenance and Facilities Assistant is responsible for ensuring all facilities are maintained in a safe, organized, and presentable manner. This person will provide services throughout the Indiana facilities to improve, repair, and maintain the physical structure, office environment, grounds and warehouse floor while ensuring safety as utmost priority.
KEY OUTCOMES (KPI’S)
1) OUTCOME: Provide Daily support to operations through maintenance requests
· Prioritize based on safety, efficiency, aesthetics or otherwise as assigned by supervisor
· Update and monitor maintenance requests for completion as assigned
2) OUTCOME: Maintain and repair structure, office, grounds, and shop floor
· Perform weekly facility walkthrough for immediate repairs
· Assist facility managers on internal projects as defined
· Assist operations groups as needed with racking installation/removal, equipment needs, etc.
· Assist Safety Team and CI Team with needed improvement to support company initiatives
· Provide Janitorial service and duties as defined by manager
· Painting /remodeling and working with contractors
· Perform internal duties to avoid outside contractors where possible
· Respond quickly and appropriately to any emergencies that may arise
3) OUTCOME: Support Kem Krest Culture including Continuous Improvement Process and Safety
· Work closely with departments to identify and drive continuous improvement and safety
· Display and execute actions consistent with core values of the company
· Treat users with respect and patience to foster great results
4) OUTCOME: Operate power equipment within company guidelines and within OSHA standards
· Report any safety issues to management
Taking on new opportunities and touch challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Optimizes work processes:
Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
STRENGTHS TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Basic understanding of Electrical, Pneumatic, and Mechanical power systems; Lockout/Tagout experience highly beneficial
Ability to make basic repairs to equipment and systems utilizing the above power systems, such as forklifts, air compressors, shrink wrapper, security systems, dock plates, etc.
Ability to assist in the maintenance and servicing of equipment per manufacturer schedules or other directives
Possess strong eye-hand coordination as well as strength and stamina needed to stand for extended periods of time, climb ladders, move equipment and heavy loads
Must have valid driver’s license with clean driving record
Able to communicate and explain a problem or solution
Exceptional work ethic
Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
Familiar with continuous improvement concepts and methodology
Ability to meet physical requirements of position
Kem KrestWhy Work Here?
Best Place to Work in Michiana 2020, Growth opportunities, GREAT people
Our employees are our Customers!
3221 Magnum Dr ElkhartElkhart, IN