- Posted: over a month ago
Kelvin is a software company dedicated to unlocking the power of domain knowledge and AI to create a more efficient, safe and sustainable industrial automation industry. The Kelvin Intelligent Control Software Platform enables our customers to transform their legacy operations into self-optimizing systems using AI-driven intelligent automation applications. Our team is distributed around the world with offices in San Francisco, Colorado, Australia, and Portugal.
How we work
Kelvin embraced the remote spirit, meaning you get to create your own schedule no matter the timezone. You’ll be joining a team of engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers, project managers, operations and finance, around the globe.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Developer to join the Kelvin Acceleration Team. This is a remote US position.
Kelvin Acceleration Team delivers POCs and focuses on creating solutions for specific client’s use cases. Your day-to-day will be a mix of R&D, understanding client needs and creating new components that contribute to Kelvin’s core products.
You’ll have the opportunity to learn the backend software architecture and model management infrastructure as well as create E2E solutions that are deployed on our platform. You will be a leader in helping the team efficiently progress from prototype to robust production-ready code.
You will be the right fit if you:
- Understand the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Are deeply collaborative. You love being part of a close-knit, high-paced, interdisciplinary team
- Are client oriented. You are motivated by knowing that your work is immediately valuable for a business and thrive in external collaborative environments
- Are excited to make industrial controls smarter & more efficient with data science
- Want to build tools that empower data scientists and industrial operator workflows.
- Are a natural born communicator. You have the skills to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications, in a way that relates to each audience
At Kelvin, your main responsibilities will be:
- Engage with customers to translate the problems they are trying to solve with our platform. This includes distilling an obscure problem statement into Python and understanding the production environment it will live in.
- Create E2E solutions/POCs and deploy them to our platform.
- Assist users in the development and prototyping of their solutions. These solutions can include machine learning methods that require pre-processing and training.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations for customers that are starting their digitization journey.
- Proactively seek out problems within customer projects and act as an escalating liaison for technical support teams.
- 6-8 years of Software Development experience
- Significant experience as a Full-Stack Developer
- High proficiency in Python programming
- Strong background in Docker and container concepts (volumes, networking, images).
- Strong background in troubleshooting software bugs and digging into infrastructure to identify problems, as well as figuring out how to prevent similar issues in the future
- Experience with collaborative software development, such as version control, continuous deployment, unit testing, integration testing and good documentation
- BS in Computer Science, IT Systems Engineering or other related field
Preferred to have:
- Experience in IT Systems Engineering
- Experience in leadership positions, either as an individual contributor or as a manager
- Experience working on Professional Teams - focus on POCs or E2E projects
- Experience with AGILE methodologies
- Experience in Process Control and/or Automation
- Experience with Atlassian suite and Jenkins
- Worked in an international team
Kelvin believes in putting its employees first. We embraced a Remote work culture, with flexible working hours. We provide a Home office setup and other perks like health insurance.
Equal Opportunities Employer
Kelvin is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We believe that different backgrounds and life experiences make our team better. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Kelvin Inc