As an agent of the Level 1 IT Service Desk you will be a Single Point of Contact to Users and Customers for support of all IT Services delivered. Agents will be expected to communicate with users via multiple methods including Telephony, eMail, Web, and Walk-up face to face interaction. Customer Interface skills will be necessary to help users to describe and explain the nature or symptoms of their problems. Analysts will apply sound practices and maintain proficiency in the use of listening skills, probing through questioning, communicating in layman's terms, gathering information, restatement of the problem, use of troubleshooting skills and root cause analysis, effective communication using oral and/or written methods and understanding of the business impact and the sense of urgency to restore services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide end user support for the Desktop Computing Environment including various OS environments and Common off the Shelf products including the Microsoft Office Suite, Web Browsers, email and LAN based services. Agents will retain ownership to resolve all desktop computing and desktop applications utilizing the solutions that are defined within the Known Error Database. Agents will also be responsible for troubleshooting and diagnosing desktop issues using various skills and techniques, including investigating solutions via the Web, use of product manuals and other available resources to resolve support issues.
· Use console to perform user password resets and Remote Control and Desktop Assistance.
· Utilize the management tool and database to record call details and to track troubleshooting progress. Set reasonable customer expectations for resolution time, based on scope, impact and severity of issue. Route unresolved incidents to the correct upper level support group for resolution.
· Provide guidance and support in helping the team to reach the defined Service Level Objects for First Call Resolution, Mean Time To Repair, Speed To Answer, Abandon Call Percentage, and Incidents Resolved per Agent.
· 1 - 3 years IT Helpdesk, Service Desk, Desktop or Infrastructure Support experience
· Microsoft Certified Professional or equivalent training
· SAP knowledge support a plus
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree, preferable in MIS/CIS or similar major
· Technical or Business aptitude with proven analytical, problem solving, troubleshooting skills
· Excellent oral, written and customer service/interface skills