The shipping/receiving clerk provides the initial inspection on incoming commercial items from suppliers and final quality check on the orders to the customer. They help to promote the high standard of customer service that the company has built. Ensuring that all orders are received accurately and shipped on time to our customers.
- \tIdentify and tag items to pack on Customer orders.
- \tPack items securely for shipment on UPS, Fed-Ex, DHL and truck shipments.
- \tUse current business system to print packing slips and identification tags for sales orders.
- \tReceive and inspect commercial items ordered from suppliers.
- \tOperate a forklift to load/unload trucks and to remove/replace items on inventory shelves.
- \tWork with purchasing to resolve discrepancies on incoming shipments from suppliers.
- \tPull, issue and deliver items for job orders for spare part orders, projects, and inventory.
- \tOther tasks as assigned by manager.
The incumbent is obliged to perform tasks requested by management that relate to his position scope or arise from company needs. This job description reflects current status, right to make changes reserved.
While performing the duties of this job in a factory setting, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud and PPE may be required.
- \tThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- \tWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must be able to lift items up to 80 pounds.
- \tThe employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- \tWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in a warehouse situation and subject to changing environmental conditions. Including, but not limited to: temperature variations, humidity, rain, snow, wind and direct sunlight.
Education (area of studies, Management, IT etc.)
- \tHigh School diploma or equivalent education (additional technical skills a plus).
- \tBasic computer skills.-\t
- \tWillingness to learn new skills to advance in the company.
- \tExperience with ERP systems, SAP R3 a plus.
- \tPossess valid forklift license or willingness and ability to obtain license.
- \tAbility and willingness to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- \tExcellent verbal and written communication skills
- \tHighly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
- \tIndependent self-starter with ability to problem solve and anticipate and avoid issues
- \tStrong team player, work ethic and commitment to win
- \tDetail Oriented
- \tFocus on task at hand
Why Kelly **** ?
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ****
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm