Senior Buyer - Direct Hire Role for USC
Kelly Services Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: 22 days ago
- $85,000 to $100,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Kelly Services is working in conjunction with USC to find a Direct Hire Buyer III
Department of business is The Department of Business Services is seeking a Scientific Equipment & Supplies commodities Sr. Buyer to join its team. The department of Business Services is comprised of Procurement Services, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier Diversity Services, Disbursement Control and Accounts Payable, Business Operations, and Mailing, and Material Management Services. These departments are responsible for the purchase and payment of goods and services on behalf of the University in accordance with the policies set forth by the University, Sponsored Projects, Internal Revenue Service, and State Board of Equalization.
This positon is a key member of the Procurement Services team and is responsible for executing day-to-day procurement activities which include collaboration with university departments and suppliers, contract review, negotiations, issue resolution, risk mitigation, supplier performance management, and assisting with strategic sourcing initiatives. The buyer serves as the key link between USC departments and suppliers to ensure a seamless flow of goods and services to support university demands and expectations
The Buyer III will:
• Be responsible for the complete procurement process. Procurement responsibilities could cover a broad range of categories, including goods, services, professional services, and independent contractors. Must have a basic understanding of the general procurement process, including complex bid solicitations, deliverable schedules, and e-procurement ordering and payment systems.
• Assist departments in the evaluation of goods and services, ensuring that customers' expectations and requirements are met, while adhering to USC purchasing standards. Review technical specifications for accuracy and use department requirements to determine the best procurement method. Resolve conflicts concerning materials or services at the department and vendor levels while coordinating delivery, service, installation, etc.
• Research and source hard to find items, solicit and analyze quotations and evaluate supplier proposals on price, product, and service.
• Perform research and analysis on the services requested, maintaining adequate knowledge of the industry, trends, and product information. Provide pricing and proposal guidance to the internal customer based on market pricing and/or trends; gaining subject matter knowledge through research and past experience.
• Negotiate complex projects involving multiple service elements on price, quality, statement of work, and all contractual elements.
• Maintain positive collaboration with strategic sourcing team on day to day efforts required for implementing sourcing initiatives and supplier performance.
• Understand the various elements in a contract with the ability to draft, discuss, and negotiate contract elements including the general Terms and Conditions, unique specification and pricing. Must be able to format deliverable schedules, payment terms, and other commercial elements into a contract for the majority of requested projects.
• Provide strong service, support, and leadership to Business Services, other University team members, internal clients, and suppliers. Communicate effectively to all levels of the internal and external organization on proposal, category, and supplier information. Provide guidance to other buyers and assist them in problem resolution. Keep in contact with appropriate personnel to ensure satisfactory operations, maintain consistent communication, and build strong business relationships.
• Perform year-end review of maintenance contracts, standard contract items and licensing agreements for renewal or renegotiation; negotiate contracts and price agreements to enhance cost savings and quality of service. Produce reports in a timely manner with the ability to present these reports to management.
• Ensure purchases comply with internal and external requirements and regulations as well as good purchasing practice; provide information to faculty and staff on government restrictions and regulations and university policy and procedures related to purchasing.
• Ensure assigned purchase orders are processed with proper terms & conditions and within university policy & procedures
• Bachelor’s Degree (Business or related field preferred)
• 5 years minimum experience
• Advanced knowledge of highly complex or specialized area(s) of procurement (i.e. Research & Development, Healthcare, etc.)
• Knowledge of procurement regulations, and practices
• ERP system knowledge
• Strong communication (written & verbal)
• Exceptional time management, organization, and prioritization skills
• Superior customer service and adaptability to changing requirements
• Outstanding conflict resolution and ability to effectively work in a team environment
• Ability to negotiate and influence others
• Strong relationship building
• Excellent analytical & research skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite products (i.e. word, excel, outlook)
• Master’s Degree
• 7 or more years of progressively more responsible procurement experience
• Procurement certification (i.e. CPM)
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
About Kelly® At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world. Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Kelly Services