Manager of Plant Quality Systems
Kelly Engineering Resources is working with a small, privately held company located in Rockford that is searching for a Manager of Plant Quality Systems . This is a direct hire role where you would have 1 direct report and will be responsible for executing plant quality while also implementing best practices.
The 3 key areas of focus will be:
- Execute daily production quality, supplier quality and customer quality such as:
- validating quality processes
- defining inspection procedures, quality training to metal fabricators, assemblers/machine builders, welders.
- Disposition & follow up of NCRs
- Resolve day to day shop and quality issues in the production of highly polished custom metal finishes.
- Develop, implement and maintain a QMS that meets customer requirements. Scale best practices plant wide and eventually lead an ISO 9001 recertification of the facility.
- Develop, implement and execute a customer approval process for changes/rework down to the vendor level.
- Define, develop, and execute QMS
- Review existing Quality practices and improve or revise.
- Process and Procedure creation, revision, maintenance, and communication
- Ensure internal quality systems meet or exceed customer specs and eventual ISO recertification
- Maintain customer supplied QMS and documentation as specified by customers.
- Implement a customer approval process for vendor changes (similar to a PPAP)
- Lead any future ISO certifications, audits as best practices are implemented in other areas.
- Execute on plant quality efforts
- Perform incoming inspections as required for components, fabrications and assemblies
- Inspect welding and some dimensional piping and metal fabricated components.
- Read blueprints, GD&T, tolerances, assembly drawings, schematics
- Communicate inspection status and identify deficiencies to the applicable project manager, shop foremen, supervisors and employees.
- Final inspection on completed assemblies
- Final approval and sign-off of quality items on customer required forms.
- System punch list creation based on run off performance and management/others' observations of deficiencies, maintenance, communication, verification of completion
- Work with engineering to design necessary test apparatus to minimize problems at customer sites
- Work with engineering to clarify manufacturing requirements on drawings
- End item inspection/signoff prior to shipment
- Resolve day to day shop issues, quality and manufacturing questions, regarding Quality
- Execute on Supplier Quality
- Incoming inspection, prototype inspection
- NCR creation, maintenance and documentation
- Internal check off sheets, revisions, maintenance, communication
- Vendor check off sheets, revisions, maintenance, communication
- Vendor on-site inspections, local
- Red lines, create/document and follow up on requested revisions
- Review ECOs for rework requirements, document requirement, communicate to shop
- Answer vendor questions regarding drawing inaccuracies or lack of clarity
- Add manufacturing notes and/or make drawing corrections as required
- Create rework MOs as required for rework related to changes and errors
- Communicate to accounting when rework MOs can be closed
- Incoming supplier Quality compliance
- Vendor chargebacks
- Work with shop and document best method of rework, when required
- Follow up on rework to ensure completion and acceptability, properly charged time and materials
- Initiate and work with manufacturing and engineering on root cause analysis on repeating defects, issues
- Train, coach and mentor direct report, train plant staff on quality best practices.
- HS Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associate Degree or more Advanced Degree (Engineering, Quality, Mathematics, Physics or related) is preferred
- ASQ certifications/training a plus
- SS Green Belt a plus
- Minimum 4-6 years' experience in a "hands on" Quality role within a metal fabrication environment is required. This should include proficiency in dimensional inspection, incoming inspection, disposition of part Non-conformance, experience with supplier quality is a hard requirement
- Record of developing, implementing and maintaining a Quality Management System is hard requirement.
- Experience meeting/maintaining ISO certifications is required, prior experience with either a new ISO certification or recertification a plus.
- Development & execution of internal audits required
- Prior experience passing external audits required
- Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communications skills are required
- Practical in implementing and executing quality systems
- Analytical problem solver
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), any ERP/MRP system (you will use StyeLine), a variety of dimensional inspection tools and quality management tools is required.
- Travel locally to visit suppliers, on occasion internationally.
- Lift up to 25lbs frequently and move up to 50 lbs on occasion.
- Wear steel toed boots.
Why Kelly **** ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
AboutKelly Services ****
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/kellyservices , LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/kellyservices and Twitter at https://twitter.com/kellyservices .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm