Kelly Services is currently seeking a QC Lab Technician I in Warminster, PA to work a contract assignment of 6 months for one of our top clients. Kelly is a full service workforce solutions provider to 98% of the Fortune 100 companies. We provide employment to more than 700,000 people annually and we deal with some of the largest and best companies both nationally and locally.
Primary Responsibilities of the QC Lab Technician I includes:
5-10 years of experience in analyzing various petroleum products Hands on experience in operating and maintenance of various analytical instruments Familiarity with ASTM and other standard methods used for analyzing petroleum products
Requires the analysis of manufacturing samples to a standard test method, and escalation of issues to management.
Key Results/ Accountabilities expected from role
1. Records and maintains product analysis data.
2. Contributes effectively to the team, meeting both team and personal objectives as set.
3. Immediately communicates out of specification test results. And assists in resolving internal non-conformances.
4. Executes the routine analysis of manufacturing samples using the specified ASTM method.
5. Executes testing of raw materials and finished good products according to methods specified by GLT.
6. Issues and processes in-process adjustments to manufacturing in a timely matter.
7. Performs routine calibration, and maintenance of laboratory instruments as required for normal lab operations.
8. Supports analysis of samples as part of GAGE R&R and SPC.
9. Practices site safety and environmental standards and follows local area policies.
10. Participates in job safety analysis and has good work area housekeeping.
11. Supports the laboratory's ISO9001 quality management system and audits.
12. Understands and supports the day-to-day operational and the longer-term strategic goals of the plant and laboratory.
Experience & Expertise (mandatory & desired)
1.Must have a Bachelor's Degree
2.Should have B. Eng or B. App. Sc. - Chemistry or applied science
3.Must have experience with general chemistry concepts and laboratory applications- titrations, preparation of molar and normal solutions, dilutions, and general instrumentation (spectroscopy, Karl Fisher, pH)
4.Must have MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Access)
5.Must have Excellent written and verbal communication skills
6.Should have experience in petro-chemical and/ or chemical industry
7.Should have ISO 9001; TS16949 Experience; ISO 14001 experience
8. HSSE Accountabilities
Performs all work in a safe and efficient manner while following documented written procedures.
Complies with BP and OSHA standards.
1.Performance Bias - The ability to work in ways that achieve remarkable performance
2.Taking the lead - The ability and willingness to take the lead when the situation requires
3.Wise Decisions - The ability to make informed and effective decisions
4.Innovation - The ability to identify and develop innovative solutions to business challenges
5.Partnership and team-working - the ability to work with others to make a real difference
Education and Experience Requirement of the QC Lab Technician I includes :
B.S. in Chemistry or Biology (preferably Analytical Chemistry)
- Contract assignment, duration 6 months.
- Work schedule: full-time, split shift 9-5pm
- Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase-and the coverage is portable*
- Service bonus plan and Holiday pay plan, if qualified
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Free online training campus available
- Exclusive online employee community
- Corporate discounts
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position you must submit your resume to the Scientific Recruiter listed below:
Sandy at: Sanm174@KellyServices.com
Thank you for your interest in the assignment.