Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting 12+ month contract opportunity as a Product Support Specialist in Waterloo, IA.
Product Support Specialist
We are a worldwide team of diesel engine experts providing technical solutions and delivering problem resolution to customers across the globe. Our goal is to minimize engine downtime when failures occur and to prevent failures from reoccurring. We achieve this goal though three fundamental steps:
- Communication: We work directly with dealer technicians to fully understand the failure and gather all relevant information.
- Investigation: We utilize technical publications, engineering documentation, and work directly with engineering teams to develop short-term engine repair recommendations.
- Resolution: We document all our findings, data and track trends to identify emerging issues. We actively participate in creation of technical solutions that provide long-term problem resolution.
- Assists and advises channel partners and field staff in solving complex technical problems on specific products.
- Investigates in-field problems, collects data and determines corrective action needed and advises channel partners how to effect remedy and appropriate follow-up.
- Coordinates installation and in-field testing of factory supplied experimental parts.
- Prepares follow-up reports and communicates results to the factories.
- Delivers product training, technical, and/or business management training to channel partners, Company employees or customers.
Day to Day Activities
- Analyze engine hardware and engine performance data to identify failures
- Provide troubleshooting direction directly to engine technicians
- Travel to the field when necessary to assist in troubleshooting and to gather failure data
- Work directly with vehicle factories to solve engine integration issues
- Engage engineering and quality improvement teams to determine root cause of field failures
- Develop short-term corrective actions and provide input on long-term problem resolution
- Improve engine diagnostics by authoring technical solutions
- Provide input into engine technical publications and training materials
- 4-year degree in engineering or related field
- Demonstrated experience with diesel engine troubleshooting
- Experience helping customers
- Domestic travel
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Taryn Carbone ( email@example.com ) for immediate consideration.
Why Kelly **** ?
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
AboutKelly Services ****
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.