Kelly Services is currently seeking a Legal Assistant/Paralegal for one of our top client in Indianapolis, IN.
Pay Rate: $11.75/per Hour
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8am-5pm but flexible in start time as well as taking a hour lunch or 1-hour lunch
Duration: 08/05/2019 to 12/31/2019 (4-months) Likely to extend beyond the end date
The position serves as the professional assistant to the Managing Attorney/Ethics Officer, and other attorneys for the Agency. Serves as a key interface between the general public, customers, agency personnel, and the legal department. Position likely to extend beyond the Estimated End Date
The individual will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing legal documents and performing other duties, under the direction of staff counsel;
- Maintaining a variety of legal files, updating topical and case files as new material is collected, ensuring that information is kept organized and that all necessary case documentation is contained therein;
- Scheduling dates for hearings or meetings as directed;
- Receiving and responding to inquiries from attorneys, legislators or citizens by telephone or email;
- Assisting with managing ethics training compliance for all of FSSA with guidance from the Ethic's Officer;
- Receiving and distributing incoming mail including letters and legal documents to staff attorneys and preparing outgoing correspondence;
- Serving as initial point of contact for individuals contacting the office;
- Managing day-to-day administrative duties of the legal department
- Scheduling interviews and meetings as needed;
- Assisting with data entry of public records requests under the guidance and supervision of the Access to Public Records Coordinator;
- Maintaining the legal library and reference guides; and
- Performing various other administrative tasks for the office.
Strong preference for Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies
At least 1-year of legal assistance experience- working knowledge of legal concepts and terminology
Prior basic computer experience using Microsoft Word, Outlook, and SharePoint
Strong grammar and a clear/professional speaking for answering the phone; Strong attention to detail
At Kelly Services, we work with the best. Our clients include 99 of the Fortune 100 companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
As a Kelly Services candidate you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
Weekly pay and service bonus plans
Group- rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Let us help advance your career today.
- Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Why Kelly **** ?
At Kelly Services , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
About Kelly Services ****
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/kellyservices , LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/kellyservices and Twitter at https://twitter.com/kellyservices .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm