Lab Technician, Santa Clara, CA
1 year contract role, full time
Microarray Research Services Group: High throughput genotyping, DNA copy number, and DNA extraction.
Job duties and responsibilities are initially focused, but not restricted to:
- Reagent preparation and quality control Reagent/sample accession and database entry High Throughput Genotyping utilizing Affymetrix Axiom technology Quantitation/Normalization of nucleic acids utilizing automation Data entry into laboratory information management system.
- Calibration and preventative maintenance of all equipment.
- Documentation of these activities Assist team in stocking/restocking materials and shipping/receiving customer samples.
- Applicants should have a BS in biological sciences with a minimum of 2 yrs of laboratory experience.
- Experience can be derived from internships or positions held post graduation Individual must work well in a team environment.
- Self motivated, seeking challenges.
- Capacity to learn new technologies/concepts rapidly and apply them to the needs of the lab.
- Excellent at record keeping and highly organized Willingness to work weekends and possibly an evening shift.
Why Kelly **** ?
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest-regarded scientific organizations-providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career-connect with us today.
AboutKelly Services ****
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.