Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Lab Shipping & Receiving Clerk to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Rockville, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with comprehensive benefit package
- Opportunity to work at NIH, the world's foremost medical research center
- Learn more about what Kelly can do for you at www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com at http://www.kellygovernmentsolutions.com/
TASKS. The contractor shall:
- Receive incoming materials and compare information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; process return shipments from customers.
- Sort, count, package, label, insure and /or log inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspect shipments for damage or defects; record discrepancies or damage and notify purchasing personnel or other government personnel.
- Obtain authorized signatures for accepted items; trace lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiate proof of delivery documents.
- File shipping/receiving records.
- Ensure proper routing of FedEx and international shipments prepared by others.
- Organize equipment manuals, registrations and warranties.
- Enter supply items into POTS/NBS.
- Schedule and monitor periodic maintenance and certification (biosafety cabinets, chemical fume hoods, incubators, etc.).
- Arrange for repair of scientific equipment by contacting local service company to get price information, followed by entry into POTS.
- Certify operation of all facility eye wash stations on a biweekly basis.
- Collect chemical waste carboys and barrels from satellite accumulation areas and transport them to the hazardous waste storage room; prepare appropriate labels/tags for waste in order to facilitate pickup by the NIH chemical waste contractor.
- Process biohazardous trash according to established procedures, either by placement in boxes for disposal as medical pathological waste (MPW) or discard as general laboratory waste once decontaminated.
- Maintain cleanliness of the laboratory work area and equipment.
- Work with resident staff in many day-to-day activities; function as member of the evacuation team; respond to central equipment monitoring (Rees) alarms and attempt to resolve with or without outside help.
- High school diploma.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience.
- Valid state driver's license.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
AboutKelly Services ****
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/kellyservices , LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/kellyservices and Twitter at https://twitter.com/kellyservices .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm