Contract Benefits Administrator needed in St. Paul, MN
- Potential to convert to a permanent position
Length of Contract: 6 months
Pay: 38/hr - $44.80/hr
The Benefits Administrator position supports all aspects of the Corporate Benefits function; responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs such as medical, prescription, dental, vision, short-term disability, legal, FSAs, HSAs and life plans. The benefits administrator also provides customer service to employees and HR business partners and assists with providing quality benefit plans, investigates new benefits programs, improves existing programs and provides analytical and technical support in the delivery of the benefits programs.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assists in the management of health, welfare and group benefits plans, programs and policies to ensure accurate and effective administration.
- Works with vendor partners to implement benefit programs and to research and resolve employee issues and/or data corrections.
- Serves as primary contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Determines the best plan administrative and management options by working with the third-party administrator.
- Coordinates transfer of data to external contacts for services and plan administration.
- Works effectively to make sure the plans run smoothly. Investigates discrepancies and provides information in non-routine situations.
- Evaluates and revises internal processes to increase efficiency.
- Documents and maintains administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes.
- Assists in ensuring compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Assists in ensuring timeliness and accuracy of required filings.
- Oversees maintenance of employee benefits files and updating of employee payroll records.
- Provides the technical support to test system functionality and works with end users to provide system support and troubleshoot system problems.
- Audits the accuracy and performance of functions performed by plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Prepares, collects and organizes data for actuarial assessments.
- Participates in the development, design and distribution of communication materials for new hires, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Provides training and support to Benefit Coordinators.
- Provide support to employees, retirees and HR Business partners as it relates to benefits inquiries.
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business or equivalent and 1 to 3 years of related benefits or employee benefits administration experience.
- Project management skills and experience. Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment. Capability of effective planning and priority setting. Ability to manage several projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough understanding of plan designs.
- Certifications/Licenses: Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), PHR (Profession in Human Resources), SPHR (Senior Profession in Human Resources)
- Experience with HRIS/Payroll systems
- Basic knowledge of a wide range of benefits principles
- Basic knowledge of HIPAA, COBRA, ERISA, IRC Section 125 and Health Care Reform
Important Information : This position is being handled by a remote Kelly Services office.
Why Kelly **** ?
At Kelly Services , we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
About Kelly Services ****
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.