Biologist - Cell Therapy Expertise - NIH - Bethesda, MD
Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious research organizations in the world. We are currently seeking a Biologist with Cell Therapy Expertise to work onsite with the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
OVERVIEW. This is a long-term, open-ended contract position which offers:
- Competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package.\t
- Tremendous room for personal growth and career development.\t
- Opportunity to work at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the world's foremost medical research center.
- Perform manufacturing of novel cellular therapy products, including cellular therapy and chimeric antigen receptor T cells.\t
- Organize records forms and labels necessary for HCT/P manufacture.\t
- Perform trouble shooting during HCT/P manufacturing and assay performance; document actions required to resolve problem and initiate corrective action as needed.\t
- Perform required quality control steps as outlined in SOPs.\t
- Perform data retrieval and entry using multiple IT systems.\t
- Perform cleaning of biosafety cabinets, equipment and supplies.\t
- Interpret experimental techniques and procedures; prepare reports on laboratory results\t
- Prepare written evaluation of procedures including detected deficiencies/defects, and reports on cellular therapy products and research protocols.\t
- Critically evaluate laboratory data presentations.\t
- Perform validation studies on equipment, facilities, and processes.\t
- Perform experiments to validate novel manufacturing techniques.\t
- Document product manufacturing data in compliance with Good Documentation Practices (GDP).\t
- Inventory and order supplies for clinical manufacturing.\t
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of regulatory requirements as defined by current version of CPS Drug Master File, applicable sections of FDA Code of Federal Regulations and current edition of AABB Standards for Cellular Therapy Product Services; regularly review CPS PSI and SOP manuals to stay current with procedural revisions.\t
- Attend weekly CPS staff meetings or review minutes of the meeting if unable to attend.
- Master's degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a Master's degree\t
- Minimum of four (4) years of related experience.\t
- Knowledge working in a cell processing laboratory environment.\t
- Knowledge of cellular and gene therapy and an ability to analyze and evaluate laboratory findings and learn new techniques.\t
- Ability to work independently on cell processing assignments.\t
- Proficiency in the use of computers and computer programs.\t
- Knowledge of proper laboratory techniques, disposal methods and safety procedures.\t
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.\t
- Analytical, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills.
Note that the phone number for our NIH branch is not listed. Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. All qualified candidates will be contacted.
AboutKelly Services ****
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/kellyservices , LinkedIn at http://www.linkedin.com/company/kellyservices and Twitter at https://twitter.com/kellyservices .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm