Benefits Customer Service Representatives
Kelly Services is currently recruiting for multiple Benefits Customer Service Representatives for our client, a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company, at their location in Sorrento Valley San Diego, CA.
This position tentatively starts on August 13th, 2019 and pays $16.25 per hour, and $16.75 for those bilingual in Spanish.
The Benefit Customer Service Representative provides customer service support for client pension and/or health and welfare plans using web-based systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting issues.
* Provide a high level of customer service support when handling customers’ questions/complaints in respect to defined benefit pension and/or health and welfare plans.
* Quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations (responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments).
* Respond professionally to customer inquiries/complaints received via phone, email or other communication channels.
* Demonstrate flexibility to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities.
* Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements.
* Proficiently translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
* Read and understand client’s plan documents, amendments or online knowledge base tools, etc.
* Collect relevant information, determine immediate requests/questions and also anticipate the future needs of the member
* Maintain diplomacy and tact while dealing with upset or escalated callers.
* Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes.
* Participate in team meetings and training.
* Possess a cooperative and positive attitude towards customers, internal contacts and team members.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service setting. 2-3+ years is preferred.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
* Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs (specifically Outlook, Excel and Word).
* Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate multiple software applications.
* Ability to type 30-40 WPM.
* Working knowledge of health and welfare and/or defined benefit pension plans a plus.
* Fluent in Spanish a plus.
* Excellent ability to communicate effectively using the English language in a customer service setting, including verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to quickly assess current state issues and formulate a response/resolution using analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment and prioritize and organize work.
* High level attention to detail.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* Must have excellent attendance and be punctual to work.
Terms of Assignment:
· 4-month, contract assignment: August 13th, 2019 with the possibility of extension.
· Schedule: 30 – 40 hours/week with some overtime requested. Must be available between the hours of 6am-6pm PST. There is a variety of schedule start and end times.
· Pay Rate: $16.25/hour, and $16.75/hour for those fluent in Spanish.
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Please submit your resume to be considered for this position.