Automotive Technician We are a busy and well equipped auto repair facility in mid-town Phoenix looking for a Super Star Technician to join our family. We specialize in educating our customers and take pride in the fact that we do more than fix cars - we take care of people. If you value honesty and integrity above the bottom line, and enjoy being part of a team - we want to talk to you. We work on all makes and models, we do a significant amount of newer Domestics and Asian and other high end vehicles.
Major activities include:
- Diagnoses, estimates and repairs to specifications all: Advanced fuel control systems & electronics; air conditioning systems & electronic controls; body control systems; computers & computerized control systems; flash programming; mechanical & electronic fuel control systems; electronic & hydraulic brake systems; electrical & electronic ignition systems; engine repairs, overhauls & replacements; passive restrain systems; starting and charging systems; steering, suspension and alignment control systems; electronic stability control systems: manual transmissions, repairs and clutches; mechanical & hydraulic clutch control systems; CV axles, drive shafts & u joints; automatic transmission repairs & replacements, cooling systems; basic preventive maintenance.
- Adequately explains technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals, which may include employees and / or customers on an as needed basis.
- Continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
- Willingly assists others in performing diagnostics, heavy lifting and movement of vehicles.
- Keeps management aware of mechanical repair problems as they occur.
- Maintains a neat & organized work area and assists others in cleaning of shop.
- Refrains from foul language and maintains a presentable personal appearance.
- Perform road tests and quality control double checks of all work performed prior to return to customer.
- Automotive Technician with current ASE Certifications in any categories.
- Current Arizona driver's license with clean driving record.
- Verifiable 4 years of professional automotive problem solving and repairing experience.
- Strong automotive electrical & mechanical diagnosis, problem solving and repair experience.
- Knowledge of German vehicles is a plus but not a must.
- Leadership skills and a customer focused attitude with a high level of motivation and energy.
- Significant investment in their own tools and has the knowledge to use them.
- Reliable transportation to and from work and be punctual for five day work week.
- High energy level, self-motivated with initiative and able to perform all of the above without guidance or supervision and without taking shortcuts or compromising job integrity.
- Equal opportunity employer. Drug Free work place.