The respected global leader for defense aircraft sustainment. Deploying an experienced team and complete capabilities to solve customer challenges.
We maintain long-term customer relationships in the domestic and international markets and are uniquely positioned to meet a full range of customer challenges for the defense aircraft maintenance market. Our business model is aligned with building a bundle of parts, services and solutions to meet the needs of military legacy platform operators and maintainers. We believe that our long-term OEM relationships ensure proprietary part availability, and the addition of component MRO and repair management ensure refurbishment needs are addressed. We continue to invest in licensing, proprietary tooling and unique product development to address the late-in-life needs of defense platforms where an OEM solution may no longer be available. The breadth of our solutions for these aircraft operators, across a variety of
platforms, is what distinguishes our solution in the global market.
Our group of companies includes distribution, maintenance, repair and overhaul, and engineering & manufacturing divisions. We collectively collaborate with key partnerships to provide a suite of complex solutions that addresses operational readiness for end users maintaining these aging aircraft. We support legacy fixed and rotary wing aircraft including but not limited to F-5, T-38, F-16, F-15, F-18, C- 130, P-3, Boeing 707 derivatives and several rotary platforms. Kellstrom Defense is headquartered in El Segundo, CA, USA and has over 200 employees and sales representatives strategically located throughout the world.
Further information is available at www.kellstromdefense.comOpens a New Window.
SUMMARY: The Senior manufacturing engineering position oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain
proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. They ensure the engineering team and other departments work together cohesively. The senior manufacturing engineering is also responsible for the review and approval of all manufacturing plans that are generated from the engineering department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work collaboratively with Company team leads and manufacturing technicians to provide direct support in the fabrication, assembly, integration and test of aircraft parts and components.
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Work closely with research and development, quality assurance, and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures including MRB
and CAR related actions.
- Responsible for designing and implementing manufacturing processes, process documentation, Tooling management, and project work flow including task sequences, planning (work instructions) for fabrication, assembly, integration, and material flow.
- Provide review and guidance to Engineering during tooling design and specification requirements to best utilize manufacturing processes and techniques.
- Write statements of work to ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to customer requirements and specifications.
- Lead and support manufacturing project planning and scheduling to assure a seamless execution and delivery of products and services.
- Interface with engineering, manufacturing/operations, and vendors to ensure requirements and specifications are flowed down to products and services.
- Utilize and manage MRP process to develop a product line-of-balance, assure long lead material deliveries and order points to meet schedule commitments.
- Manage project activities, build-of-materials, manufacturing plans, monitor manufacturing processes, LEAN implementation, and implement corrective/preventive action plans.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in related field or equivalent
- Ten (10) or more years of professional experience in manufacturing environment.
- Experience in all elements of manufacturing from design development, re-engineering, to assembly/integration and test.
- Working knowledge of build-to-print packages and assembly drawing documents.
- CATIA, Solid Works and/or other CAD Design package experience a plus.
- Experience in Lean/Six Sigma, 5S, and Continuous Improvement is desirable.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and relevant applications.
- Strong organizational, project, and budget management skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.