The respected global leader for defense aircraft sustainment. Deploying an experienced team and complete capabilities to solve customer challenges.
We maintain long-term customer relationships in the domestic and international markets and are uniquely positioned to meet a full range of customer challenges for the defense aircraft maintenance market. Our business model is aligned with building a bundle of parts, services and solutions to meet the needs of military legacy platform operators and maintainers. We believe that our long-term OEM relationships ensure proprietary part availability, and the addition of component MRO and repair management ensure refurbishment needs are addressed. We continue to invest in licensing, proprietary tooling and unique product development to address the late-in-life needs of defense platforms where an OEM solution may no longer be available. The breadth of our solutions for these aircraft operators, across a variety of platforms, is what distinguishes our solution in the global market.
Our group of companies includes distribution, maintenance, repair and overhaul, and engineering & manufacturing divisions. We collectively collaborate with key partnerships to provide a suite of complex solutions that addresses operational readiness for end users maintaining these aging aircraft. We support legacy fixed and rotary wing aircraft including but not limited to F-5, T-38, F-16, F-15, F-18, C- 130, P-3, Boeing 707 derivatives and several rotary platforms. Kellstrom Defense is headquartered in El Segundo, CA, USA and has over 200 employees and sales representatives strategically located throughout the world.
Further information is available at www.kellstromdefense.com
SUMMARY: The Senior manufacturing engineering position oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency. They ensure the engineering team and other departments work together cohesively. The senior manufacturing engineering is also responsible for the review and approval of all manufacturing plans that are generated from the engineering department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells using effective systems and simulation tools to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
• Work closely with research and development, quality assurance, and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures including MRB and CAR related actions.
• Ensure all manufacturing SOP safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
• Write statements of work to ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to customer requirements and specifications.
• Provide guidance to Engineering during design and specification requirements to best utilize manufacturing processes and techniques.
• Lead manufacturing project planning, task sequences, work instructions, and work flow for fabrication, assembly, integration and test to ensure a seamless execution and delivery of products and services.
• Sponsor and Implement Lean methodologies and principles
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Undergraduate degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering or related discipline, Graduate degree is plus.
• 10 years of professional experience in manufacturing environment.
• Working knowledge of build-to-print packages and assembly drawing documents.
• CATIA, SolidWorks and/or other CAD Design package experience a plus.
• Experience in Lean/Six Sigma, 5S and Continuous Improvement is desirable.
• Strong business/technical writing, presentation, planning, problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills.
• Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals.
• Current knowledge of manufacturing technology, productivity and quality measurements, and material/planning systems requiring continual review of methods to optimize productivity.
• Very strong and proven analytical, written, verbal and communication skills.
• Proven ability to manage multiple complex initiatives simultaneously in a fast-paced environment is a must.
• Integrity: Always does what is right for our Employee’s and Kellstrom Defense. Walks the talk and acts in line with values. Is widely trusted and maintains confidence. Is perceived as being truthful and direct and doesn’t misrepresent self for personal or business gain.
• Leads by Example: High Expectations / Personal Standards – Models The Way. Has the courage to take calculated risks and the courage to: stand up for what you believe; do the right thing.
• Trust: Can be counted on to follow through, keeps confidences, is steady and predictable. Follows up to see how things are, finishes what he/she starts.
• Initiative: Capability and Desire to Grow. Values and encourages creative and innovative ideas. Takes initiative, going above and beyond typical expectations and making necessary sacrifices to achieve exceptional results.
• Influences Others: Positive Drive / Energy, Initiates and Inspires. Wins concessions without damaging relationships. Settles differences with a minimum of noise.
• Strategic Thinker: Versatile, adaptable, handles risk and change. Understands Two Speeds - Spans Tactical and Strategic Space –. Thinks through multiple "what ifs", able to juggle multiple strategies, able to form a compelling vision, produces winning strategies and calculated risks.
• Accountability: Do What You Say. Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Able to produce results in variable conditions. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work. Accepts responsibility for mistakes.
• Communication: Provides effective and direct feedback that is actionable, positive and developmental in discussions, meetings, and presentations. Listens attentively and actively.
• Team Player: Self-reliant yet collaborative; operates in a team format, talks “we" and "us". Present and Invested in Team and Business. Demonstrates an understanding and an ability to build teams which foster strong communication, purpose and morale.
• Disciplined: Makes plan and meticulously following it maximizes the chances of being successful. Avoids distractions and has clear priorities.
• US Persons Only (US citizens, lawful permanent residents, refugee or asylee – all require proper identification and documentation)
• Physical and Environmental Requirements: Typical work may require light lifting (less than 25 lbs.). Work environment includes front-office and manufacturing.
• Pre-Employment Verifications: Must pass background and reference checks and drug screen prior to employment.
• Kellstrom Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.