For over 70 years, Kellermeyer Bergensons Services (KBS) has delivered best-in-class property services to major retailers, healthcare, churches, and commercial facilities across the United States. Our core services are janitorial, facilities repair and maintenance, landscape management, and parking lot maintenance services. Kellermeyer Bergensons Services is reliable, cost-effective and professional. Our property services offerings allow our customers the option to bundle a combination of services or to select single services.
KBS is looking for a motivated, high energy Crew Member that performs general cleaning and minor maintenance duties in building, adjacent walks and grounds, and equipment in a clean, orderly and functional condition. Provides assistance to staff, visitors, vendors, client’s staff, and other employees as necessary. Perform all duties related to maintaining the general cleanliness and safety of the main floor, restrooms, and back offices.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position.
The Floor Tech position reports to the Crew Leader.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Perform spot removal, extraction, bonnet cleaning, strip/wax, scrub/recoat, seal/grout, etc.
- Scrub, shine, clean and repair carpeted and non-carpeted areas using appropriate equipment and chemicals.
- Clean floors and stairways by sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming.
- Move large furniture and objects when necessary, and follow safety guidelines to prevent injury to themselves and others.
- Keep janitor closet neat, clean, and organized
- Follow manufacturer's specifications for preparing chemicals and using the equipment.
- Ensure building doors and windows are secure and locked.
- Report to Supervisor needed repairs, safety hazards, or conditions requiring additional service.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Area Supervisor or Area Manager.
- Must be dependable, honest, strong work ethic, motivated, professional appearance, communication skills, team player.
- Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, and supplies preferred, but not required.
- One year of prior floor care experience preferred.
- Must be able to use an industrial Scrubber machine
- Ability to carry out detailed or written instructions.
- Communication skills to relate to officials, staff, and public in a courteous manner.
- Ability to acquire job skills with three months of on-the-job training
- Disposition to perform other duties as assigned.
- Third Shift availability
Physical Demands (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing from 15 to 25 pounds.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals), manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Office environment has minimum hazards, which may include varying temperatures and moderate noise levels.
- Site environment may have varying temperatures, varying workstations and varying interactions with customers and staff. The noise level is usually moderate.
- Facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Occasionally work occurs in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
What's In It For You?
Supportive work environment shifts that accommodate your needs.
KBS considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. KBS also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Se habla español