Company Overview: For over 70 years, Kellermeyer Bergensons Services (KBS) has delivered best-in-class property services to major retailers, healthcare, churches, and commercial facilities across the United States. Our core services are janitorial, facilities repair and maintenance, landscape management, and parking lot maintenance services. Kellermeyer Bergensons is reliable, cost-effective and professional. Our property services offerings allow our customers the option to bundle a combination of services or to select single services.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Onboarding Specialist is responsible for the administration of the full Onboarding process. The OB Specialist is the first point of contact for Onboarding and Pre-employment inquiries. Specific tasks include processing employment agreements, background checks, EVerify, I-9 review and compliance, new hire questions and ensuring each new employee is set up correctly in the HRIS system.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish Required
- Review all new hire paperwork for accuracy and ensure that all necessary forms have been received
- Enter the data from the new hire paperwork into the HRIS system
- Enter all Onboarding issues, such as corrections, into the HRIS system
- Ensure all logged Onboarding issues are followed up on and cleared in a timely manner
- Review and audit the Federal form I-9 and complete the I-9 checklist to reflect all corrections necessary
- Communicate with the hiring manager regarding the status of the new hire paperwork and follow up as necessary to ensure all corrections are made timely and accurately
- Ensure each new hire’s starting wage complies with applicable Federal and State wage and hour laws
- Work on special projects as needed
- Call employees when necessary to confirm information submitted is accurate or to request information and documentation to satisfy work eligibility requirements
- Assists in other HR employment activities as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-3 years HR administration
- Onboarding experience preferred but not required
- Must be highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Exceptional follow through skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
- Previous experience in a role that required a high level of confidentiality
- Experience with new hire processing to include I-9 compliance preferred
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as Federal form I-9, new hire policies, pre-employment requirements, employment eligibility based on specific customer contracts, etc.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or-two step instructions
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs to include, but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Outlook
- Data entry into a tablet-based application
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Office environment with controlled temperatures.