JOB DESCRIPTION IDENTIFICATION
Job Title: Custodian Supervisor
Location: Amazon Site Specific
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Operations Regional Zone Manager
Status: Full Time
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The KBS Custodian reports directly to the Operations Regional Zone Manger and services an Amazon site. The position is expected to provide an excellent experience to our customer (Amazon) and our KBS Team in a fast-paced environment within Amazon’s complex operations facilities. One of the primary tasks is to complete the preventative maintenance inspections and the daily checklist activities as assigned on the Custodian Checklist. The purpose of this role is to observe and report any non-compliant escalations to Amazons Maintenance Operations Center (AMOC) and inspect and repair identified self-fix items following the Custodian Task Process Flow Chart. The Custodian is expected to provide support to KBS Operations field team, Amazon’s Operations Leadership Team and Amazon’s Maintenance Operations Center (AMOC) with day-to-day activities, escalations, follow through on trouble ticket (TT) vendor dispatching, and validating repairs by external vendors as requested by AMOC with a “Consider it done” innovative approach. The Custodian may be required to work nights, weekends and/or holidays.
- Responsible for the execution of the Custodian daily checklist tasks
- Executes daily tasks and escalations by monitoring the Custodian Daily Checklist on KBS Force Custodian Dashboard
- Follows Custodian Task Process Flowchart
- Provides direct support to Amazon’s Maintenance Operations Center Team and KBS Field Operations Team by responding efficiently, timely and accurately to all escalations
- Interacts with and escorts vendors as dispatched by Amazon Maintenance Operations Center (AMOC)
- Delivers feedback on ongoing activities committing to timely escalation reporting procedures to the KBS Management Team
- Collaborates with Field Team and AMOC to ensure coordination with successful execution and completion of daily escalations and resolving deficiencies in a timely manner
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Participates in KBS-Amazon internal calls
- Other tasks and projects deemed reasonable by the customer and/or KBS leadership team
- Preferably a minimum of 2-3 years of supervisory related experience in Janitorial Operations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills including time management with an ability to prioritize and set clear expectations
- Familiar with supporting call-outs by directly working or splitting up shifts amongst the team and shift lead by successfully covering operations daily schedules
- Ability to resolve Amazons and KBS requests and concerns in a fast paced environment
- Customer Service oriented, friendly and positive demeanor with the ability to motivate team members and support customer requests in an orderly and timely manner
- Experience in janitorial operations and distribution center environment strongly preferred
- Ability to manage a team in a complex task oriented janitorial operations environment
- Ability to provide facilities escalations resolution timely and efficiently
- Demonstrated experience in effective written and verbal communication
- Highly organized, excellent data tracking and documentation management skills
- Familiar with OSHA standards
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of handyman background in a distribution center
- Proven experience in IT (computer literacy) and Operations preferably in Janitorial Operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in critical thinking and good judgement with ability to multitask within standard service level agreements (SLA’s)
- Ability to answer calls, monitor, track and document escalations in a fast paced environment with a focus on customer service
- Exceptional relationship management skills and ability to build rapport with customers
- Effective Communication, Problem Solving, Interpersonal, Teamwork, Decision Making, Change Management, Business Acumen, Organizational Support, Adaptability, Initiative, Good Judgement, Planning/Organizing, Self-Motivated, Innovative, and acts with a Leadership approach
- Must successfully pass KBS background check
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPEREINCE
- High school diploma or current college student
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience
- Must be able to read and interpret documents, such as letters, email communication, safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals
- Basic Arithmetic Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or-two step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variable.
- Basic Office equipment (Fax/Scan/Copy/Print)
- Basic MS Office Suite: Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, IM and SharePoint
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and bent prolonged periods of time, use hands to finger, handle cleaning equipment, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand on 6-foot ladders.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend in low temperature areas (35 degrees) for prolonged periods – 8 to 12 hours in a Distribution Center environment.
- Primarily works in a Distribution Center environment with loud noise levels and very low temperatures including refrigeration areas of 35 degrees