- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Text “jobs” to (419) 909-3214 to apply. Come join our Keller Warehousing & Co-Packing team! We are looking to hire a 2nd shift forklift operator. Located at 24862 Elliott Road, Defiance, OH 43512. The hours for this opening are 2nd shift. This position requires lifting of rolls up to 85 lbs on a regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Check with Supervisor or Clerk for job orders.
• At the beginning of each shift, inspect the powered industrial truck. Check for damage or problems and report them to your Supervisor. Document inspection on pre-operation inspection sheet.
• Lock out / tag out unsafe or inoperable equipment.
• Load, unload, and place product in proper storage bay stacked straight and neat.
• Verify counts of incoming product, make necessary adjustments on paperwork, and initial any changes.
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are free of damage and document or report immediately to supervisor.
• Sign and date the paperwork when load is finished.
• Accurately input information as trained with scanner, documenting all functions performed.
• Ship accurate number of pieces per load worksheet.
• Assist with inventory counts and proper stock rotation.
• Change propane tanks properly and safely and change and charge batteries as needed.
• Answer phones and take accurate messages.
• Operate copy and fax machine as needed.
• Use radio equipment for communication in a respectable manner.
• Duties associated with housekeeping (throw away trash and sweep floors) and follow and maintain 5S standards.
• Comply with OSHA standards and use safety equipment as required (eye and ear protection, back supports, and fall protection).
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Report immediately any and all incidents occurring on the forklift (i.e. damage to property, near misses, accidents, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed
• Ability to work safely, follow safety procedures, and operate equipment safely, and able to recognize and respond to unsafe working conditions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with Supervisor and other associates.
• Ability to take direction from Supervisor.
• Ability to get along well with others in organization.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with supervision.
• Ability to count accurately.
• Knowledge of WMS system and KOS system.
• Knowledge of Industrial Truck Operational Procedures, including ability to handle product without damaging and the ability to use clamps, forks, and other attachments as needed.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must obtain Industrial Truck Certification through in house training.
• Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as requested by Supervisor.
• Steel Toe Shoes, Safety Glasses, and reflective vest/high-visibility shirts are required, as specified by facility.
Text “jobs” to (419) 909-3214 to apply or visit our Careers page at www.kellerlogistics.com/careers
Keller Warehousing & Co-PackingWhy Work Here?
Entrepreneurial leadership, awesome wellness environment, and a high-energy team!
Our employees are empowered and trusted as experts in their field of work. We value transparency and encourage our staff to be their best through our culture of “Responsive, Resourceful, Reliable People in Logistics”. We value team work, collaboration and respectful interactions with each other. Our people hold themselves accountable for a job well done, with high standards of integrity. We look for ways to continually improve our processes to make us more efficient for ourselves and our clients. Finally, we value safety among all else. Time is money, but life is priceless! Keller Logistics Group is an asset-based third party logistics (3PL) provider headquartered in Defiance, Ohio. We got our start in 1978 as Thomas E. Keller Trucking and have since evolved into three affiliate companies: Keller Trucking, Keller Warehousing & Co-Packing and Keller Freight Solutions. Inc. 5000 named us among the Fastest Growing Private Companies in America, we have consistently been named a Top 3PL by Food Logistics magazine, and the Truckload Carriers Association has recognized us numerous times on their list of Best Fleets to Drive For.
24862 Elliott RoadDefiance, OH
Transportation and Storage