Why Keller Mortgage is a great place to work:
- W2 position with Keller Mortgage
- They offer sponsorship and training for your DE and LAPP/SAR
- 100% Remote
- Competitive pay with bonus potential
- Great Benefits including medical, dental and vision
- Generous 401k match
- Growing company that promotes from within
- Purchase mortgage company
Knowledge and Experience:
- Possess 3-5 years of recent Frontline mortgage loan underwriting experience.
- Experience working with Conventional, DU, LP and manual underwriting.
- In depth knowledge of underwriting policies and procedures.
- Ability to independently analyze loan files to ensure adherence to:
- Regulations and legal standards governing mortgage lending.
- Loan programs and guidelines, including superior knowledge of conventional, conforming, non-conforming, and government programs and guidelines.
- Legal standards including red flags, suspicious activity and ethical lending.
Responsibilities of the Remote Frontline Mortgage Underwriter:
- Analyze complete files, including Borrower creditworthiness and ability to repay, appraisal validity, collateral valuation and worthiness, title policies, and property insurance.
- Utilize automated underwriting systems such as Desktop Underwriter and Loan Prospector in order to assist in the execution of the duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Compare automated underwriting to specific loan-file criteria in order to determine whether waiver or deviation from suggested guidelines may be appropriate.
- Work with loan originators and production staff to acquire required documents in order to verify the income and employment details of the applicant, review the applicant's credit profile, analyze financial statements, and consider other information in order to act on loan and credit requests.
- Examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness and determine whether additional information may be required in order to make a credit decision.
- Examine and analyze assets, liabilities, income and debt information related to applicants, in order to make a credit decision.
- Prepare counteroffer proposals for customers and direct team member on acceptable standards for such proposals.
- Evaluate and review appraisal reports and collateral issues related to real estate in order to determine whether it may properly support the approval of a loan application the loan.
Why Work Here?Keller Mortgage is also looking for processors, QAs, closers and underwriters. Just apply and we will send you contact information.
Why Keller Mortgage is a great place to work: - 100% Remote - Competitive salary with bonus - W2 - 401K Match - Great benefit package