Keller Warehousing & Co-Packing in Puyallup, WA is looking to hire a Warehouse Supervisor to join our team! This person will be assist the Warehouse Manager in shipping and receiving of products while managing warehouse staff and customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise all warehouse staff and maintain contact with Warehouse Manager.
• Maintain accurate payroll records including on time approval of timecards, time off requests, and communicating any issues with HR as required. Adhere to all attendance policy standards.
• New employee onboarding and training – coordinate with HR Coordinator to complete new hire paperwork, set up training assignments on Vertical Alliance with Safety Dept and maintain all retraining records.
• Forklift Training – assist in initial training with employees, maintain recurrent training as required and individualized retraining to ensure safe operations daily.
• Review and maintain all equipment inspection and maintenance records, communicating all issues immediately.
• Lead Huddleboard meetings each shift to convey daily departmental goals, review accomplishments and address potential problems. Includes, but not limited to, leading stretches, Safety Training, KPI’s, etc)
• Lead and participate in Accident Investigation and Corrective Actions. Conduct drug tests per training and company policy as required.
• Maintain OSHA compliance, Behavior Based Observation requirements and safety requirements with staff. Report all violations immediately.
• Build and develop the customer relationship with the goal of growing a profitable long-term relationship.
• Strategic planning of all distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling, order fulfillment to achieve high level of accuracy and avoidance of claims
• Oversee the efficient, cost effective, daily activities of the warehouse, including labor scheduling, supervision and proper utilization of space and equipment so that budget objectives are met
• Planning and monitoring daily labor requirements based on immediate and forecasted volumes
• Create and maintain a well-trained staff that could be promoted through cross training and mentoring. Timely completion of annual performance evaluations of all direct staff with regular coaching and counseling throughout the year.
• Direct and oversee job assignments to meet Federal, State and company rules and laws.
• Maintaining a building safety and security plan that meets all company and client standards
• Lead and participate in Continuous Improvement objectives set forth by the company.
• Performing any clerk/inventory activities as needed regarding receiving, shipping, and scheduling loads in and out of the facility. Maintain proper records at the Keller facility and ensure proper documentation for each customer.
• Communicate professionally and clearly with other shifts, managers, and any other departments. Be responsive and timely in requests for information.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
• Employee development and performance management skills
• Ability to supervise and train assigned staff including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
• Ability to foster a cooperative environment
• Organizing and coordinating skills
• Knowledge of inventory management practices
• Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment
• Ability to analyze processes and make recommendations for improvements
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long rage goals
• Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises
• Work involves some lifting and sorting of packages.
• 5 years Warehouse Leadership Experience preferred
• WMS and hand held scanner experience
• Must be willing to travel on an infrequent basis
• Must obtain Industrial Truck Certification through in house training
• Must be willing to work overtime weekends and holidays as requested by Manager
Headquartered in Defiance, Ohio, we started as a trucking company, Thomas E. Keller Trucking, in 1978 and have spent the last 40 years growing in to what we are today.