Keller Warehousing & Co-Packing is looking to hire a Warehouse Manager to join our team! This person will manage and oversee all warehouse operations and communicate with customers and vendors on a regular basis. Work directly with Regional Operations Manager to organize policies, procedures, and special requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Expectations of the job: Being available and responsive to all shifts when needed, participate regularly when needed for additional coverage (i.e. short shifts, weekend coverage, etc.)
• Responsible for overall performance of warehouse, including operations, customer service and contract KPIs.
• Maintain and respond to warehouse metrics. Meet customer scorecard objectives. Lead strategic continuous improvement to ensure efficiently run and profitable operations.
• Forklift Training – lead/assist in initial training with employees, maintain recurrent training as required and individualized retraining to ensure safe operations daily.
• Maintain accurate payroll records including on time approval of timecards, time off requests, and communicating any issues with HR as required. Adhere to all attendance policy standards.
• Build and maintain accuracy of all warehouse SOPs and ensure training requirements are maintained and documented.
• Hold supervisor staff accountable on adherence to their job requirements and follow through as needed.
• Lead and participate in Accident Investigation and Corrective Actions. Conduct drug tests per training and company policy as required.
• New employee onboarding and training – coordinate with HR Coordinator to get new hire paperwork complete, sign off on new hire training checklist
• Complete/maintain all OSHA requirements, Behavior Based Observations and any necessary Accident investigation, along with maintaining a building safety and security plan in compliance with company/client standards, complete regular safety meetings and topic coverage with crews
• Build and develop the customer relationship with the goal of growing a profitable long term relationship
• Strategic planning of all distribution services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling, order fulfillment to achieve high level of accuracy and avoidance of claims
• Oversee the efficient, cost effective, daily activities of the warehouse, including labor scheduling, supervision and proper utilization of space and equipment so that budget objectives are met
• Planning and monitoring daily labor requirements based on immediate and forecasted sales revenue, working with HR and temporary staffing agencies to maintain proper staffing
• Create and maintain a well trained staff that could be promoted through cross training and mentoring
• Direct and oversee job assignments to meet Federal, State and company rules and laws.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
• Employee development and performance management skills
• Ability to supervise and train assigned staff including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
• Ability to foster a cooperative environment
• Organizing and coordinating skills
• Knowledge of inventory management practices
• Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment
• Ability to analyze processes and make recommendations for improvements
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long rage goals
• Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises
• Work involves some lifting and sorting of packages.
• 5 years Warehouse Management Experience preferred
• WMS and hand held scanner experience
• Must be willing to travel on an infrequent basis
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Must obtain Industrial Truck Certification through in house training
• Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as requested by Supervisor
• Steel Toe Shoes, safety glasses, and reflective/high-visibility vest/shirts required.
Headquartered in Defiance, Ohio, we started as a trucking company, Thomas E. Keller Trucking, in 1978 and have spent the last 40 years growing in to what we are today.