Kelaca is looking for Software Engineer Malware Analyst for our client partner in Southern Pines, NC. Our client is in need of a highly-talented Software Engineer to serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for threat detection and malware/exploitation technologies. The position supports Research and Development (R&D) and Test and Evaluation (T&E) efforts for a fast-paced, mission-critical DoD program. The Software Engineer will be working as part of a multi-disciplinary group and will collaborate across research teams to leverage existing/emerging malware technologies and develop new technologies to support the organization’s mission objectives.
Software Engineer Malware Analyst Duties:
· Analyze and/or reverse engineer the behavior of malware using static and dynamic tools and techniques to identify means of modifying, exploiting, and disrupting networks and associated systems and devices
· Provide subject matter expertise in the detection, analysis, and mitigation of malware; trends in malware development and capabilities; and proficiency with malware analysis
· Identify requirements for new malware analysis capabilities; and contribute to the development of new malware analysis tools and techniques
· Produce reports detailing attributes and functionality of malware, including indicators that can be used for malware identification/detection; the relationship between a given sample of malware and other known samples/families of malware; and notable features that indicate the origin or sophistication of the malware and its authors
· Communicate and collaborate with technical staff
Software Engineer Malware Analyst Security Clearance Requirements:
· Must be US citizen and able to obtain a clearance; TS preferred (Position will ultimately require a TS-SCI)
Software Engineer Malware Analyst Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Networking, Computer Forensics, or similar.
· 7+ years of relevant work experience
· Familiarity with operating system concepts, high- and low-level programming, and fundamentals of networking
· Experience in reverse engineering
· Demonstrated knowledge in dynamic and static analysis and in such tools as IDA Pro, Binary Ninja, and/or Ghidra
· Familiarity disassembling/disassemblers and analyzing disassembly of x86 and x64 binaries
· Possess basic programming and scripting skills (e.g., Java, Python, or Perl)
One of the following certifications:
· GREM – GIAC Reverse Engineering Malware
· CREA – Certified Reverse Engineering Analyst
· GXPN – GIAC Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester
· GPEN – GIAC Certified Penetration Tester
About Our Client:
They are an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. They employ over 1,400 professionals and continue to grow. Offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement. Around our clients office you are equally likely to hear a conversation about Kubernetes clusters as you are a debate on merits of a reverse polish notation (RPN) calculator!
While this is all of the Year One and Beyond stuff, Day One is highly impressive too. These are things like our competitive salary (DOE), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), benefits package, relocation opportunities, and a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At our client, employees are their greatest assets so they give them the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels.
They are passionate about inclusion and diversity in their workplace. In 2018 40% of their new employees voluntarily self-identified as protected veterans. (Source-AAP EOY 2018 Veterans Data Collection Report). Additionally, the Southeast Division looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. They seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes it such a great place to work. Some of the social impact aspects they have implemented at their division include monthly get-togethers, team outings to local baseball games in the summer, board game lunches, holiday party, corn hole tournaments, chili cook-offs and so on when safely able to according to current guidelines. They are also very proud of their Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
Bachelors or better in Computer Science or related field.
7-9 years: Relevant work experience
Licenses & Certifications Required:
Security Clear Top Secret
Job Type: Full-time
Hours of On-Site Work: Monday-Friday; 8am-5pm (temporarily remote due to COVID-19)
FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
Apply to Kelaca today so we can schedule a conversation with you to further discuss this exciting opportunity.
NO THIRD PARTIES.