Experienced Legal Assistant
Keithley Law, PLLC Reston, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
KEITHLEY LAW, PLLC is a Fairfax family law firm in need of an experienced legal assistant with at least two years of solid, Virginia family law experience, preferably with a small law firm. This is a very busy office, and we need an experienced legal assistant to help us with our administrative workload. This may be a supervisory position for the right candidate. Our firm also practices real estate law. Salary between $40,000 and $70,000.
The ideal candidate possesses an impeccable ability to pay attention to detail, superb phone mannerisms, communication skills, and will exude maturity and professionalism.
Our office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm, and all applicants must be able to work extra hours, as necessary. You must not only be reliable but also have reliable transportation.
- Answer calls from prospective and existing clients, and other receptionist duties, as needed.
- Draft letters to court, counsel, clients, and other parties.
- Draft pleadings and motions.
- Assist with discovery, including copying and bate-stamping.
- Assist attorneys with trial preparation.
- Keep track of time, billing, and payments from clients.
- Maintain a client conflict database and update as necessary.
- Keep track of client costs and invoices.
- Book initial consultations and take payments.
- Keep track of firm calendars.
- Fax, scan and copy documents.
- Arrange for courier services, court reporting and service of process.
- Contact clerk's offices throughout Northern Virginia courts.
- Organize files and open/close office.
- Maintain database of active and closed files.
Necessary qualifications include:
- Proficient with: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Dropbox, Quickbooks, and Google Calendar.
- Able to conduct legal research.
Keithley Law, PLLCWhy Work Here?
Great team of professionals in a pleasant, friendly, and supportive environment.
Law firm located in Fairfax, Virginia with established client base.