KEITH is a multi-disciplined consulting engineering firm looking for a self-motivated and experienced Senior Transportation Project Manager to join our team in our Orlando Office. The successful candidate must have FDOT design experience and will provide the leadership, assisting with coordinating and supervising a dynamic team that provides Intersection Safety Improvements and Roadway Design projects for the Florida Department of Transportation and local counties and municipalities, using general knowledge of basic Civil Engineering theories, principles and methods. The individual ensures compliance with government standards and regulations for roadway design and construction and propose changes to existing roadways to improve the flow of traffic and to remedy safety concerns. Collaboration with multi-disciplinary teams to produce technically complex design plans and reports is a must.
- Lead transportation engineering projects and deliver upon the expectations of the client.
- Delegation and Oversight of workflow to project team (Assigns tasks to and coordinates with technicians or administrative staff). Act as a mentor to lower level transportation engineers.
- Project management duties (e.g. managing budgets, resources, and deadlines; acquiring and compiling quotes, etc.).
- Developing and evaluating plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others.
- Identifying/foreseeing potential project delays and work opportunities or presenting alternative solutions.
- Acquires basic knowledge and develops skills in a specific practice area.
- Applies standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform assigned tasks as part of a broader assignment.
- Exercises limited judgment on details of work and in application of standard methods for conventional work.
- Receives close supervision on unusual or difficult problems, and general review of all aspects of work.
- Confidently liaising with clients, staff, general public, officials, and contractors.
- Florida PE License required
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an ABET/EAC accredited program preferred
- Must have 8+ years’ experience with Microstation
- Must have 8+ years of FDOT design experience
- Experience managing transportation projects, staff, budgets, and clients
- Experience with transportation technical manuals and procedures including the MUTCD, AASHTO, HCM, HSM and FDOT FDM
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Bluebeam
- Capable of roadway plans production
- Ability to multi-task under rigid deadlines
- Independent personality, pro-active, enthusiastic, self-starter with a good attitude who pays attention to details and is willing to work in a supportive, fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are essential, as is the ability to work with clients and colleagues at all levels