Keith and Associates seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Lake Worth, FL office as a Civil Engineering Designer. The KEITH Civil Engineering group is seeking an experienced AutoCAD designer to help with our land development design, plan and production workload. In addition to managing plan production for land development projects. Ideal candidate has AutoCAD 2019 experience.
· Performs varied and highly complex Civil 3D and AutoCAD drafting, drawing production and independent Civil 3D design work.
· Incumbents at this level regularly exercise judgment and exhibit a high degree of sophistication and expertise both in design work and equipment knowledge and utilization.
· Work involves analytical ability for handling technical details, such as using mathematical formulas, interpreting semi-complex ordinances and specifications, and analyzing design requirements.
· Typical duties may involve, depending on service, conceptual and final design of utilities, grading, pavement and drainage, roadway alignment, sanitary sewer pump station, etc.
· Reads and interprets survey data, legal description, government standards and codes, and applies to design.
· Performs calculations, utilizing knowledge of algebra, geometry and trigonometry as required.
· Develops and lays out conceptual designs for proposals to be reviewed by senior technical professional or project manager for conformance with specifications and client requirements.
· Develops and lays out final plan designs on assigned project or portions of projects.
· Performs designs utilizing CAD.
· Develops sections of projects or details for construction projects.
· May prepare plans, specifications, cost estimates and permit applications.
· Maintains good knowledge of governmental regulations, codes and ordinances and applies them to plans, as needed.
· May prepare CAD working drawings for interiors.
· Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· College degree in related technical field.
· CAD training required.
· Generally requires minimum multi-years of related experience in a combination of technician and/or CAD technician or designer positions.
· May also require experience in the particular discipline supported.
· Strong knowledge of local codes and ordinances, design inputs codes and standards.
· Good interpersonal skills and capable of developing technical writing, and communications skills.
· AutoCAD skills are required for this position.
· Civil 3D experience is a plus, but not necessary.
· Civil site design experience is required.
· Other CAD platforms may provide useful background, however, the majority of the work to be completed will be in AutoCAD.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
· Work with Google Earth, GIS, and other software pertaining to maps and design are considered beneficial.