KEITH is now hiring an experienced Aviation Civil Inspector / Resident Project Representative (RPR) with a desire to work at the Miami International Airport. We are looking for local talent! KEITH has a major contract to support various airport projects, including a major apron expansion and utility modifications.
As the RPR within our Aviation practice, you are responsible for coordinating, monitoring and reporting daily construction activities. Construction activities to be monitored may include but not limited to asphalt/PCC pavement, underground utilities, excavation, embankment, and pavement markings.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Daily coordination with client engineering, maintenance and operations staff.
- Coordinates on-site material testing.
- Reads and interprets contract documents.
- Thorough inspection of Contractor’s work for conformance to contract documents.
- Measuring quantities for pay requisitions.
- Responsible for maintaining as constructed drawings.
- Assist with project close-out documentation.
- 2-year degree in a technical discipline or construction-related field, or a high school diploma and equivalent work experience, is required.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years of experience on heavy construction projects that followed the FAA/DOT standards.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and construction specifications and be thoroughly familiar with airport construction-related processes.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work well with team
- Must have general computer skills and familiarity and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the design team.
- Developing ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a requirement.
May sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment, doing extensive walking/standing.
May require work near heavy construction equipment, construction sites, and airport runways and taxiways. Work environment will require use of construction/inspection safety equipment and adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
Current driver’s license and ability to obtain airside security badge and passing required security background check required.
Ability and willingness to work off-shifts, particularly overnight and on weekends for airfield construction is required for this position.