- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Keish Environmental is seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Environmental Planner. This position works alongside our clients, both in government and the private industry, to oversee all aspects of regulatory environmental/stormwater compliance on projects.
In this role, the candidate will manage multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. Our public and private sector clients rely on Keish staff to fulfill their project needs for timely environmental compliance documentation, including coordination and communication internally and externally with a diverse group of stakeholders.
This position is an AS-NEEDED, ON-CALL position in a HYBRID setting - the employee may be required to travel to project ofﬁces or work sites to attend meetings – approximately 60% of the time (3 days a week).
Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. Currently, we are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment visa.
- Perform environmental impact analysis in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and prepare CEPA and NEPA environmental documents
- Provide management and technical assistance on CEQA EAs/EISs and documentation in compliance with NEPA, CEQA, and other applicable federal, state, and local requirements
- Research and review essential information contained in environmental documents (Environmental Impact Reports, Negative Declarations), General Plans, Zoning Codes, local land use permits and existing technical reports for use in revised technical, regulatory compliant reports and plans
- Identify study needs in support of planning, permitting and CEQA/NEPA reviews including desktop environmental constraints analyses and field verification surveys
- Coordinate environmental specialists (e.g., fisheries, terrestrial, noise, air quality, etc.)
- Gather, analyze, and integrate stormwater and environmental compliance data from clients, their contractors, and/or resource agencies, as well as from on-site field testing and sampling.
- Review of environmental compliance construction submittals including stormwater quality, groundwater quality, air quality, ambient air, noise & vibration, and other waste sampling, testing, and monitoring reports for compliance with requirements.
- Creating, editing, reviewing, and maintaining Environmental Compliance Plans and Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs) and technical plans (i.e. stabilization plans, Rain Event Action Plans, etc.) for project sites.
- Coordinate and track sustainability requirements, documentation and certifications (LEED, Envision, etc.)
- Other duties as the manager/supervisor requires within job scope.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge of: Materials, methods, and processes used in environmentally-compliant construction.
- Ability to: Read, understand, and evaluate (re: interpret) documentation and certifications regarding the planning, permitting, and CEQA/NEPA reviews; prepare correspondence and write clear and comprehensive reports.
- Other Characteristics: Keenness of observation and ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Environmental Sciences, Civil Engineering, and/or Environmental Engineering, or related sciences showing an emphasis in water resources and/or landscape construction.
- CGP Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD)
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience in complex projects/programs, with extensive team collaboration.
- Must possess a broad general knowledge of key U.S. federal and California state environmental policies and regulations
- Must be able to read construction plans, specifications, estimates, stormwater management plans, site analysis diagrams, laboratory reports, and geotechnical schematics.
- COVID-19 vaccinations required (medical exceptions granted).
- Valid California-issued driver’s license and a clean driving record for at least the previous five (5) years, and a reliable mode of transportation to remote work sites.
- Background checks required.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- Advanced degree in environmental science, civil/environmental engineering, or related science. (preferred)
- A resume showing progressively responsible experience in environmental restoration practices, erosion control, and/or water resource testing.
- Experience with the California Stormwater Multiple Application and Report Tracking System (SMARTS).
- Strong knowledge of the California State Water Board permitting process and water quality techniques, practices, regulations, and laws.
- Ability to adaptively manage project and schedule changes.
- Experience conducting environmental and stormwater compliance trainings
- Active professional involvement in related professional organizations is desirable.
- Proactive communicator, collaborator who can take and give direction, provide actionable reports, and work updates.
- Highly organized and motivated self-starter with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing and completing multiple concurrent projects.
- Effectively work independently and with a diverse project team.
- Enjoy learning and sharing knowledge with others for the success of the company.
- Have a keen attention to detail.
- Be flexible and able to work with a variety of topics and tasks. Proven ability to perform in a high volume, time sensitive/deadline environment with a track record of dependability.
- Flexible hours and availability at nights and on weekends if required by the project (typically pre-scheduled)
- Perform physical labor and movement, including standing, climbing, sitting, and/or lifting. Able to physically transport 20-50 lbs. on a consistent basis.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise good judgment with sensitive information disclosures.
- Strong technical reading, writing, and reporting experience related to understanding sampling data and engineering drawings, construction specifications, and technical environmental reports.
- Proficient with personal computers, digital devices, software applications including, but not limited to: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Salary & Benefits:
- $100K-$150K annual salary
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with Company match
- Nine (9) paid holidays in addition to PTO time
- Flexible work hours and location
Keish Environmental, PC is a small, woman-owned business offering stormwater, environmental compliance, and construction/program management services. The company is headquartered in San Jose, California, with an additional office in Oakland, California. We are a customer-focused company founded to meet the growing need for environmental management systems on large infrastructure projects.
The firm specializes in ensuring regulatory permit conditions, stormwater quality requirements, and environmental document mitigations are implemented in the field to allow smooth construction project delivery. Keish’s practical approach to field oversight and relationships with regulators at the Regional Water Quality Control Board, CA Department of Fish and Wildlife, Corps of Engineers, and NOAA Fisheries helps contractors stay in compliance, and complete work on budget and on schedule.
Keish Environmental is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Keish EnvironmentalFresno, CA
Energy and Environment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.