The Utilities Assistant works on the wastewater treatment plant, water treatment plant and the infrastructure and plumbing (sinks, toilets, basic plumbing) to ensure
equipment is in good working order and in compliance with all state regulations. Assists with the procurement of the parts and items needed for maintenance through the purchasing system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists with the repair and assembly of the main water line.
· Assists with the repair and assembly of the sewer line.
· Assists with the water and wastewater treatment plant operations.
· Maintains septic tanks, grease traps, controls, pumps, and assists in their cleaning.
· Maintain wells and ground water conditions for domestic water systems.
· Reads meters and gauges correctly and take readings for water and wastewater plants.
· Completes accurate testing and lab records per State requirements.
· Maintains and safely locates power lines, phone and communications lines throughout the resort.
· Monitor work done by outside contractors and communicate the status of each project.
· As directed, maintain accurate maintenance and repair records of equipment, systems and machinery.
· Assist with the coordination of purchasing of parts and items needed for maintenance and compliance.
· Completes work orders for requested maintenance and compliance as needed.
· Executes water and wastewater treatment projects as required.
· Ensures facility compliance with State and Federal rules, laws and regulations.
· Perform additional duties as required.
· High school required. College degree preferred.
· 2 Years experience with plumbing, electrical, and utilities maintenance.
· Basic computer and Excel skills required.
· Experience operating equipment such as forklift, tractors and front end loaders.
· Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision, work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends.
· Ability to obtain certifications to operate wastewater systems, water treatment systems, distribution and collection systems.
· Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Be available for on-call emergency situations. Subject to inside and outside
environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous chemicals, solvents. Injury may occur as a result of exposure to
the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed.
Machine/Equipment/Tools Used: Shovels,picks, crow bars, tractors, forklift, backhoe, mini-excavator, two-way radios, multi-line phone and general office machines.
Must have the ability to:
Read and write (English), communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers, vendors.
Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
Visually inspect all work areas.
Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources.
Ability to be on call and respond to emergency situations day or night.
Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time.
Lift up to 100 lbs. with assistance, 50 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 10 lbs constantly