Chef de Cuisine - McKee's Pub
Keiser Golf Bandon, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
Oversees all aspects of food preparation for designated outlet. In conjunction with the Executive Chef, Restaurant Manager and Food & Beverage Director ensures a maximum level of Guest satisfaction with the overall dining experience.
- Hands on, working Chef position.
- Directly supervises the daily production of all food for assigned outlet.
- Works with the Executive Chef on inventories, pricing, cost controls, requisitioning, receiving and issuing for food production.
- Manages employment activities for kitchen staff members, including but not limited to:
- Interviewing, selecting, training,
- Planning the work, developing work schedules, and apportioning the work,
- Directing and monitoring work activities and evaluating performance,
- Handling complaints and administering discipline; terminating as appropriate,
- Ensuring sanitation and safety programs are closely followed.
- Establishes controls and monitors kitchen activities to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Works with Executive Chef with menu planning and related production activities.
- Consistently maintains standards of quality, cost, eye appeal and flavor of prepared foods.
- Ensures all Health regulations are adhered to in regards to safety, sanitation and cleanliness throughout the kitchen areas at all times
- Evaluates food products to assure that high quality standards are consistently attained.
- Interacts with Front of the House managers and staff to assure that food production consistently exceeds guests expectations
- Ensures proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality; controls food and payroll costs to achieve maximum profitability.
- Monitors the condition of equipment and makes recommendations for maintenance, repair and upkeep of the kitchen, its equipment and other areas of the outlet and resort.
- Consistently presents self in a professional manner.
- Ability to remain calm in high pressure situations.
- Perform other duties as appropriate.
- Culinary Degree Preferred
- Ability to read and write English.
- 5 years culinary experience, supervisory and/or management experience, preferably in the golf industry.
- State certified and/or Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of staff management and food control.
- Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including verbal and written instructions.
- Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
- Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
All outlet culinary team.
Full-time, Non-Seasonal, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Work primarily indoors in a restaurant/lounge environment, with some outdoor work involving patio, pool, and on-course service. Will be exposed to sharp utensils, extremely hot stoves and grills, sharp and rapid equipment movements, hot food, potentially dangerous chemicals and solvents on a daily basis. May be exposed, from time to time, to inclement weather, potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, equipment movement hazards, and misdirected golf balls. Injury may result if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times.
Kitchen appliances, grills, stoves, ovens, pots and pans, utensils.
Must have the ability to:
- Read and write (English)
- Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers
- Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
- Visually inspect all work areas
- Operate equipment for several hours at a time
- Stand, sit, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
- Lift up to 50 lbs occasionally, 25 lbs frequently, and 10 lbs constantly
FoodView all jobs at Keiser Golf