Director of Commercial Sales - North America
Keirton Sacramento, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k
Ready to work with an industry leader in a booming market? We are an innovation company providing post-harvest equipment and solutions to the Cannabis and Hemp industry. Clients around the globe. Industry leaders in a booming market. Amazing culture, great development programs for staff and named one of the Top Small & Medium Employers in 2021. To top it all off, great leadership with our CEO being a finalist for Ernst & Young’s 2019 Entrepreneur of the Year. Yes, it’s the perfect time to jump on this rocket-ship.
We are growing and are looking to add a Director of Commercial Sales - North America role to our Sales Team. The Director of Commercial Sales provides leadership, vision, and added value to the Commercial Sales Team and organization. All actions align with the company’s strategic direction defined by the company’s Vision/Traction Organizer - Strategic Plan Document (V/TO).
Eager to Know More? Check out keirton.com and twistertrimmer.com
At Keirton we build world-class innovative products. At the same time, we’re growing very fast and building a world-class team to take our company to the next level. We’re working to build a company culture that is fun, supportive, and energetic, and that makes a positive impact on an ever-changing industry. We believe that anyone can make something good, but it takes a team of amazing people who share a passion for improvement, integrity, and innovation to make something great.
What We Value
Hit them with WOW: Excellence
Pursue a better way: Improvement
Achieve together: Teamwork
Never, ever, ever give up: Tenacity
Honour our word: Integrity
What You’ll Do
- Lead and manage a highly engaged USA and Canadian sales team to achieve the company’s V/TO goals.
- Create & implement sales strategies focused on the value chain (consultants, constructors, and operators) as it pertains to Licensed Production of Cannabis and Hemp that align with company goals and growth objectives.
- Prepare the Commercial Sales division budget, and present it to the Leadership Team for approval.
- Develop and maintain the commercial sales process.
- Instill accountability in sales team performance, actions and Rocks attainment.
- Identify and support personal and professional development programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Ensure technical selling ability with all of the commercial sales team.
- Identify sales hiring needs and drive the recruitment process.
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Demonstrate a Solution Leadership approach that recognizes him/herself as an authority in post-harvest solutions.
- Create long-term value through the identification and expansion of growth opportunities (customer/markets/partnerships).
- Strong cross-functional work (sales, marketing, customer success, etc.) to ensure the company’s goals are achieved.
- Establishing industry contacts (consultants, licensed producers executives, cultivation and processing) appropriate for each level.
- Ability to develop and implement growth opportunities within and between organizations.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activities and provide feedback to the leadership team and other company functions to ensure alignment with other activities, including Product Innovation.
- Provide detailed 12-month rolling forecast sales forecast, create quota’s for team members and hold the team accountable for the quota.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Create a culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge of all products.
- Frequent North American travel to visit top accounts. A minimum of 150 days of travel is expected annually.
- Create a Demo and Trade Show strategy in conjunction with retail team.
- Develop/refine commercial sales training competencies across the team.
- Develop/monitor and adjust retail division KPI’s in alignment with overall sales strategy.
Who You Are And What You Need To Succeed
- 10+ years in senior sales management role(s); with a portion of experience from within the industry.
- Post-secondary education is a strong asset.
- Proven Business Development experience.
- 4+ years of profit and loss responsibility.
- 4+ years of managing and hiring a sales team of greater than 5 individuals.
- 4+ years of SalesForce.com experience.
- Very good communication skills (oral, listening, written).
- People management and development skills.
- A high degree of integrity.
- A very likeable personality.
- Ability to build relationships and trust fast.
- A growth mindset - always learning and open to new ideas.
- Some technical knowledge/skills is required.
What We Offer
- A competitive salary based on experience
- Quarterly SMART Goals Bonus Program
- Profit-sharing Annual Bonus Program
- Extended Medical Benefits
- SIMPLE IRA matching contribution
- An environment that supports growth and mental health
- The location of the position is flexible, and it may be outside California
Note: Only selected candidates will be invited to an interview.
KeirtonWhy Work Here?
Clients around the globe. Industry leaders in a booming market. Awesome culture.