Position Overview | The Big Picture
The Content Strategist develops and executes creative marketing campaigns and video/social content for the Kehoe Designs' family of brands which includes Kehoe Designs, The Geraghty, BlackOak Technical Productions, Floral Exhibits, and Kehoe Collection. This position uses strategic story-telling powers to help our fast-paced growing company earn greater marketplace awareness and market share. This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and may also receive direction from the Marketing Manager, Director of Sales, and Creative Director.
Traits for Success | #OnlyTheBold
- Fresh Perspective.
- Bold, fearless, passionate, innovative.
- Unique, crafty wordsmith.
- Fun with a sense of humor.
- Risk taker, wild card, boundary pusher.
- Able to pivot quickly.
Essential Duties | What You’ll Do - The Fun Stuff
- Provides high-level content recommendations that help achieve the goals of our brands.
- Identifies opportunities to repurpose existing marketing assets into other forms of content, updating and modifying them as needed.
- Responsible for proofreading content and ensuring the quality of the overall campaigns and maintaining the integrity of the brand.
- Maintains and optimizes company pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the company's social content.
- Continuously improves by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Thrives in an environment that supports creativity, an open exchange of ideas, and problem-solving.
- Delivers polished copy drafts with editing support and scientific review from team leaders
- Occasionally writes longer-form content such as blog posts, video scripts, educational materials, and more.
- Develops and maintains brand guidelines and playbooks for social media to ensure consistency and quality throughout channels.
- Oversees quality control for all channels and serves as final gatekeeper by:
- Reviewing outgoing posts daily.
- Approving of all copywriting in calendar.
- Providing a critical eye for design assets, working with the marketing team or graphics team to uphold creative brand guidelines.
- Having customer-centric attention to detail, ensuring a variety of copy and creative across all channels.
- Knows the numbers: measures and regularly reports organic engagement results and insights.
- Plans, designs, writes, and publishes relevant, original, and quality content for our family of brands' channels, materials, and ads.
- Implements a content editorial calendar to manage and oversee content.
- Stays current with our competitors and leading social media trends to see how other brands leverage new technologies.
- Attends client/marketing events and content capture teams in real time.
- Provides social media support at hosted or sponsored events
Qualifications | What You Need to Bring
- 3+ years of work experience (content/creative writing, communications, journalism, copywriting, or similar discipline).
- 3-5 years of experience in digital marketing.
- Bachelor¹s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, or related field preferred.
- Portfolio/writing samples that show depth and breadth of voice and experience.
- Copywriting experience preferred. Artful with words and passionate about creating compelling user-centric stories.
- Perspective and authority as a true "strategist," offering not just stellar copy but also recommendations about how the content narrative should unfold across all customer touchpoints.
- Experience in developing and executing holistic content campaigns to build awareness and deliver qualified leads.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) and how each platform can be optimized based on unique goals and needs. Also stays current with whatever is ³next² in social/digital marketing.
- Proficient in Abode Creative Suite with the ability to design and write original material.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Customer service experience working in fast-paced environments.
- Shifts easily between the creative side to the analytical side of marketing with the ability to present why your ideas are analytically sound and to use hard data and metrics to measure performance. (Well versed in Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, etc.)
- Ability to manage time and priorities while driving multiple projects at once with varying deadlines, and the ability to pivot as needed.
- Ability to influence executive partners in a fast-moving yet matrixed / cross-functional organization.